Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking To Meet New People in Dublin

Options
  • 16-09-2012 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, im a 24 year old Canadian from Toronto, new to Dublin, here for two years as I am attending University here. Just looking to meet new people and make friends, share a drink or a coffee and have a good laugh. Trying to experience the best of Dublin! Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Probably join some clubs and societies in your University.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

MeetUp.com - lots of different activity groups, including New and Almost New in Dublin (contains a fair amount of returned emigrants, so isn't just people from abroad - are we allowed call them 'foreigners' still or are they now non-nationals?)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Yep gotta agree, even as an Irish person...but not from Dublin, it's been a big help. Meetup is brilliant for meeting up wih ppl who are into whatever u are interested in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I had a look at meetup.com last night after reading this thread. I feel silly for not signing up there three years ago now. Looks like exactly what I needed when I first moved over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I had a look at meetup.com last night after reading this thread. I feel silly for not signing up there three years ago now. Looks like exactly what I needed when I first moved over here.

Just check each group before joining and note the number of active members. I joined two groups there in the Summer and neither of them have managed to hold actual meetings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 __Carl

How 'bout some concerts/pub gigs? Can usually meet plenty of new people at those (to my experience at least at rock/metal venues), depending on your music taste, as you'll already have something in common.

Advertisement