Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jacvapour

Options
  • 16-09-2012 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Im a total noob here but someone on another forum told me these Jacvapour kits are excellent so Im going to order this one:

http://www.jacvapour.com/Sport_and_V1P_PCC_kits-V1P_PCC_starter_kit.html

Unless anyone has any advice/better options for a light smoker, is tere a kit thats generally regarded as the best option nowadays?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Well, i have the exact same kit. I love it. And i'm not a newbe:) I have plenty of mods inc. VV mods and i still love this kit. It's perfect for out and about. Advice tho: buy loads of cartomizers for it. I go through about 3ml a day and i found these little batteries would last me the whole day. 2 of them. Don't worry about using them more than i do, you will get a PCC so you can charge the batteries on the go:) Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks Nonamigo, is 3 ml a day a heavy smoker or is a second battery a must anyway even with the PCC? Ive cut back to 5-6 roll-ups a day through willpower but with my horrible job Ill never be able to fully stop.

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks Nonamigo, is 3 ml a day a heavy smoker or is a second battery a must anyway even with the PCC? Ive cut back to 5-6 roll-ups a day through willpower but with my horrible job Ill never be able to fully stop.
    I don't think it's a lot to be honest. I'd say it's less than many people. And yes, I'd strongly advice you buy a second battery, it takes time to charge. I bought 3, 1 just as a spare

Thanks, just waiting on their flavor carts to come back in stock now, cant wait.

Forgot to ask though, do you refill your own carts? Do you get a lot of reuses out of them if so?

I usually get about 4-5 days out of 1 cart.. I bought refilled carts but I do prefer empty ones to fill with my own juice but at the time I bought it there were only prefilled ones. Anyway if you decide to buy prefilled- don't go for capuccino-it's horrible. And go up in strength I.e. if you normally vape 12 mg, go for 18mg. Dunno why but their prefilled carts have very little TH.

• Advertisement

Ive never vaped anything before, thanks though, site still out of stock though, wish they'd move it. Thanks for that Nonamigo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you havent ordered the kit yet consider this
    http://www.safercigs.co.uk/Innokin_AIO_IK1200_PCC_510/p705283_6359108.aspx
    + a spare battery

dont think they come with prefilled cartos so youll need to get some juice.. but im sure you can buy prefilled cartomisers somewhere if you dont want to mess about with juice

Safercigs will be on Holiday 12-23 September. We will not be closing the shop during this time instead we will give you a 12.5% discount on all orders placed which will be sent out on Monday 24th September . Please use discount code HOLIDAY

Is it better? Ive read some seriously good reviews of Jacvapour now and kind of had my my mind made up about that, do you really reccomend that one? It is a seriously good looking PCC...

dunno, n ever used either

had a google and the jacvapour kit apperently uses 510 devices so that's already better than most other cigarette sized models

jacvapour looks fine if that's what you have your heart set on. looks like the carts that come with it should be refillable too so you can save money instead of tossing them and geting new ones, or even buy empty ones and juice seperately

Excellent thanks, they really are great looking PCCs though.

• Advertisement

dunno, n ever used either

had a google and the jacvapour kit apperently uses 510 devices so that's already better than most other cigarette sized models

jacvapour looks fine if that's what you have your heart set on. looks like the carts that come with it should be refillable too so you can save money instead of tossing them and geting new ones, or even buy empty ones and juice seperately
    My jacvapour kit has kr 808 connector. This is the only downside imho.

yeah thats why I was a bit iffy about them but the kit he linked mentions kangers and I did a google and say jackvapour have a kanger/510 pcc kit out there as well. so long as it's 510 should be ok

http://www.purevapour.com/product/purevapour/pcc-starter-kit

there's a new irish site that sems to have the same kit you're looking for

it's the exact same as the one you linked, it's 510 so that's always handy and you can buy replacement cartomisers from this site (8 euro for 5 prefilled.. honestly a pretty good price) and they can be refilled several times with your own juices and it's irish so next day delivery

510 is some kind of standard cartomiser is it? Will that be the standrd going forward or have I got that completely wrong? thanks for the link.

510 is the standard for cartomisers yeah. 510 and ego are the two main fittings around, most of your larger batteries will have 510 and ego fittings so they're almost interchangable but because of the size/shape of the ego fitting they don't work on the slimmer 510/cigarette style batteries

a lot of the cigeratte like kits have their own proprietary connections on the batteries so you're locked in to using their devices and only their devices, which are often quite expensive so if this kit uses 510.. it'll do grand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

yep, any 510 cartomizer will fit on to that kit, as you said, 510 is a pretty standard fitting, and most of the bigger mods all use a 510 connection to connect the cartomizer/atomizer to the device!

These finally came back in stock so I ordered the 510 PCC Kit:

http://www.jacvapour.com/Sport_and_V1P_PCC_kits-V1P_PCC_starter_kit.html

And a mixed pack of tobacco flavours and a mixed pack of fruit/other flavours, also ordered some empty cartomisers for filling myself:

http://www.jacvapour.com/Cartomisers_Tanks-5_pack_of_Mixed_non-tobacco_flavour_V3_cartomisers.html

http://www.jacvapour.com/Cartomisers_Tanks-5_pack_of_Mixed_tobacco_V3_cartomisers_1.html

Then before I pulled the trigger I had one last flick around online to see if there was any better option I might have missed and found this review of the Jacvapour with a code for 15% off:

http://www.ecigclick.co.uk/jacvapour-review/

But when I entered it it too £15 off! Just checked the Paypal receipt there and it went through, happy with that result, thanks for the help.

Got this today, took it for a test drive there, first impressions not good to be honest. The tobacco flavors are absolutely rancid, like utterly disgusting dirty clothes taste in your mouth, as a replacement for fags its not going to happen.

As for the flavour packs, menthol was just about bearable so Ill stick with those until I decide what to do, really bad first experience though, also the cartomizers have no way to tell if they're full or not, so I just wait until it burns out and ruins it?

As for the throat hit, I dont see how that can be healthy, I can puff on cigars, fags, joints or roll ups all night without so much as a throat tickle but the hit off these gives me a coughing fit, it just feels too strong to be healthy, Ive read the articles on propelene glycol so I know its supposed to be okay but this leaves me suspicious.

Im going to press on and see if I get used to it but initial review: 1/10 disgusting.

Can anyone recommend any decent flavors to try? Menthol is about all I have a hope of using here, I suppose if fag breaks are making me sick it'll help me knock the smoking on the head altogether and it'll have done its job...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Cartos - keep them fairly well soaked? Not drowning, but when you sense a drop in flavour/vapour, it's time to fill it.

E-SI have the nicest range of flavours to put into an empty carto.

As for the throathit...

I dunno? Are you inhaling directly to your lungs instead of mouth, then lungs?
    That's usually what makes most of the uninitiated choke.

It takes a powerful vape to hit me the way rollies used to, so the idea of this set packing a huge throathit confuses me.

Searches for ESI just bring you to this forum, do you have their full name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Thargor wrote: »
    Searches for ESI just bring you to this forum, do you have their full name?

EsmokeIreland i believe is ESI. Could be wrong, i'm just guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Okay I ordered the Orange and the Rasberry Lemonade from them because Id seen good reviews in a few places already, thanks for that.

Had a slightly better experience with the menthol, didn't smoke any fags today and didn't have the urge to either and by my third fag break I was actually enjoying the hit, just need to get some decent flavours now and Id say Ill be able to make the switch, all the Jacvapours I tried apart from menthol are vile and the tobacco carts are so evil Id say they're costing themselves customers with them.

Are any of these cheaper Wingnut flavours nice does anyone know?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1818.htm

i would imagine all of them but the ones i've tired that are nice

orange ice pop
    banana tart
    ry-c10
    swedish fish (kind of fruity refreshers)

the liqua tobaccos are nice, traditional and american are very good.... i prefer turkish to american but it seems to be an accquired taste

the el toro cigarillos naturales is lovely too

Ah crap I didn't realise there were 3 more pages of flavours until you said Swedish Fish, if Id known that last night I would have spent 30 quid trying a load of them instead of the 2 flavours I got from Highbrow, ah well Ill know in future, if it gets me off the fags it will have been worth it, thanks Digby.

heh

juices are the most expensive part of using an e-cig unless you have the self control not to go around ordering everything that sounds delicious from every website out there

Ah its alright, just realised Im comparing 10 ml Wingnut vs 30 ml Highbrow and the amount of good reviews Ive read of the Highbrows means I should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

heh

juices are the most expensive part of using an e-cig unless you have the self control not to go around ordering everything that sounds delicious from every website out there

Very difficult:p

• Advertisement

yeah ive only tried two highbrows but all their juices get very good reviews, you should be fine

Advertisement