Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating for winter

Options
  • 16-09-2012 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

came to a house with oil heating and have a back boiler.
    i think the back boiler is not working that well wonder does anyone know who may check this out for me. cannot afford oil and was hoping for the fire to keep me going this winter. i live on a disability pension and everything hiked up megga now. where can i buy cheap wood and turf please in this area, would be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

came to a house with oil heating and have a back boiler.
    i think the back boiler is not working that well wonder does anyone know who may check this out for me. cannot afford oil and was hoping for the fire to keep me going this winter. i live on a disability pension and everything hiked up megga now. where can i buy cheap wood and turf please in this area, would be grateful.

If you rent, the landlord should check the boiler for you. You may have done so already, but you can apply for a heating supplement from social welfare. You could ask St. Vincent de Paul for advice too about the fuel, they help people out in various ways.

Advertisement