Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv/phone best systems

Options
  • 16-09-2012 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi, again money tight, who's isnt? i find the phone bill huge and the tv system SKY expensive although only on the basic package of sky. I am with eircom for the phone.
    would like some kinda deal where i can ring one other person locally for absolutely free as we ring frequently. just trying to cut-cut-cut-cut and more cut!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 alexw

hi, again money tight, who's isnt? i find the phone bill huge and the tv system SKY expensive although only on the basic package of sky. I am with eircom for the phone.
    would like some kinda deal where i can ring one other person locally for absolutely free as we ring frequently. just trying to cut-cut-cut-cut and more cut!

I phoned sky on Thursday and told them I couldn't afford the bill. (I'm on the basic package too) so they cut 25% off for 12 months. Have you tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭vinpaul

I switched from Eircom to VODAFONE. Cheaper than Eircom, give free calls to specified numbers and other attractive offers, but lost out on a refund from Eircom because I was in a 12 month contract. It is still cheaper than Eircom. Worth a try, but check on penalties if you leave early. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Eircom have certain talk time packages where all national calls are free at any time of the day.
    Had this when I was a customer with them. However left them for Magnet broadband.

In terms of Sky - why not buy a combo box - you get Saorview and Freeview stations with only one outlay. OK you don't get all the Sky stations but you get most of the UK stations. As I already had a Sky dish and an aerial I just bought the box - but some will fit the whole lot for you. The provider I used is from satellite.ie - have posted about them on the tech forum - just basic reviews and recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

have you tried upc. Phone tv and broadband deal is pretty good. Don't know What you're paying for all 3 now. But I'm sure it'd compete favourably.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

dr ro wrote: »
    have you tried upc. Phone tv and broadband deal is pretty good. Don't know What you're paying for all 3 now. But I'm sure it'd compete favourably.

Unfortunately phone and broadband is only available in Charlesland.

TV is available all over Greystones AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wish I could get UPC where I am :( 2k from switches and all that is available is cable TV.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Taltos wrote: »
    In terms of Sky - why not buy a combo box - you get Saorview and Freeview stations with only one outlay. OK you don't get all the Sky stations but you get most of the UK stations. As I already had a Sky dish and an aerial I just bought the box - but some will fit the whole lot for you.

+1

This is exactly what I did.

I get now get all of the stations that are important to me free of charge forever.
    This includes:

RTE 1
    Network 2 in HD
    TV3
    3E
    TG4
    BBC1
    BBC1 HD
    BBC2
    BBC2 HD
    BBC3
    BBC4