Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering a Vespa without any papers or Number Plate

• 16-09-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi Folks

I have spent the last year re-building a 1978 p150x Vespa non-indicator model. I have no paper work or receipt of purchase. It was just a frame and engine when I bought it for 250 euro. (from a stall in Tramore) I have spent a lot of cash on this. It is in mint condition now.

I have a letter from the Vespa club of Ireland stating the chassis number is correct and the engine number is correct. They confirm that the vespa is not stolen. They have told me that Px non-indicator models are rare.

I rang shannon who told me they do not register old bikes any more, they have advised me to go to my nearest tax office in Portlaoise, who told me to contact the nearest NCT centre. They stated they don't do it either. I am at a dead end now. Please help. My wife will shoot me if I have to tell her that all this work and money was for nothing. People have told me to use an old number plate etc. I don't want to do that. I want to have the vespa right and legit.

Please help. Thanks Emmett

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Has the bike ever been registered in Ireland??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Surely the Tax office would be able to get the reg from the chassis number, might be a bit of hard work for them though.:rolleyes:

Well done on the Scooter, where did you get the parts, England?

Any pic's?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmett1

Hi Charlie there is no record of it been registered in Ireland.

Hi Nudger I sourced the parts from beebspeed/S.I.P and some really nice people around Ireland. I used the vespa club of Ireland's wanted page too. Perhaps I should go back to the tax office with the Letter from The Vespa club of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I'd give Scooter Island a buzz, I'm sure in the 20 odd years of dealing with scooters that this must have come up before.

Rang then about parts for a very long term project and found out that one of the guys who race tuned my PE 200 25 years ago in the UK is working with them now.

Cheers Nudger

Never thought of that. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you some pic's tomorrow. Have to say it's a sweet Vespa. I'm delighted how it turned out.

Chat soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

Emmett1 wrote: »
    Cheers Nudger

Never thought of that. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you some pic's tomorrow. Have to say it's a sweet Vespa. I'm delighted how it turned out.

Chat soon[/Quot

nice one mate.the non indicators are indeed rocking horse sh*t. you would probabably be best off getting onto the vrt and registering it as an import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Emmett1 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I have spent the last year re-building a 1978 p150x Vespa non-indicator model. I have no paper work or receipt of purchase. It was just a frame and engine when I bought it for 250 euro. (from a stall in Tramore) I have spent a lot of cash on this. It is in mint condition now.

I have a letter from the Vespa club of Ireland stating the chassis number is correct and the engine number is correct. They confirm that the vespa is not stolen. They have told me that Px non-indicator models are rare.

I rang shannon who told me they do not register old bikes any more, they have advised me to go to my nearest tax office in Portlaoise, who told me to contact the nearest NCT centre. They stated they don't do it either. I am at a dead end now. Please help. My wife will shoot me if I have to tell her that all this work and money was for nothing. People have told me to use an old number plate etc. I don't want to do that. I want to have the vespa right and legit.

Please help. Thanks Emmett
    Can the Vespa club tell which country it originally came from, or Google? Then contact that countries vehicle registration people for duplicate papers and use them to register it.

Got it sorted. I phoned the VRT people again and they have it booked in for Friday this week. Amazing when you get someone different on the phone. (who knows their job) Thanks for all the advise.

Emmett

Advertisement