Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion of this for longterm accommodation in melbourne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

No.
    A lot of the properties around Brunswick look like new builds, so sounds like a new venture to me. I'd actually wondered about those houses on Glenlyon Rd; they'd looked bigger than the usual subdivide the lot into 2 or 3 townhouses approach which has invaded Brunswick.
    The price is steepish but considering how much bills have gone up here in last few years, it might be worth considering.
    Are you familiar with these suburbs mentioned? if not, come over to check them out. As for who you would be sharing with, that's the $60million question. With tvs in each bedroom, you might not see some people except in the corridor or random mealtimes.
    Sharing can be such a mixed bag but you probably know that yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

I looked at the rates, are those per person?? Minimum seems to be $250 a week?! You can find plenty of decent house shares for in and around $150 (with bills included) in Melbourne

Especially if you arrive before summer it's easier to find cheaper digs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

I don't know the areas and I haven't stayed in any of them but I did stay in something similar for four weeks in Sydney while we were in between accommodation.

There were two of us so $250 per week was cheaper than a hotel and it was so much nicer than going into a hostel.

They are kind of like a B&B but I did meet one or two nice people when we were cooking in the common areas but it's not a great place to meet people in general.

Folks tended to keep to themselves alot.
    Great for short term. Probably not long term.

Advertisement