Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamic riots in Sydney yesterday

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 healyboi

the sooner the west nukes the middle east and muslims the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

healyboi wrote: »
    the sooner the west nukes the middle east and muslims the better

Mod naughty step one month be a child elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Aussie SBS show I came across on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfTUMc7yS54

I wouldn't have thought the Aussies would have put up with the carry on in Sydney last weekend. I would have at least thought the bogans would have come out in a counter protest waving their flags and their Southern cross tats?

Word is a counter protest in Melbourne being planned for this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

seachto7 wrote: »

I wouldn't have thought the Aussies would have put up with the carry on in Sydney last weekend. I would have at least thought the bogans would have come out in a counter protest waving their flags and their Southern cross tats?

Maybe for a change they are leaving it up to the the Police and Counter-Terrorist services to deal with, which is probably the sensible option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

seachto7 wrote: »

Oh what, sort of like "The Love Ulster March" riots in 2006 on O'Connell with all the Scummers in their Celtic Jerseys and cheesy republican tats!!!!

Time will tell if there is any counter protests, dont see the point though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The Aussie wrote: »
    Oh what, sort of like "The Love Ulster March" riots in 2006 on O'Connell with all the Scummers in their Celtic Jerseys and cheesy republican tats!!!!

Time will tell if there is any counter protests, dont see the point though.

Well I would agree with a protest with the aim of protecting free speech but if the protest is in the vain of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.... Oi, Oi, Oi" then we can all judge with the reason of that protest.

jank wrote: »
    "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.... Oi, Oi, Oi" then we can all judge with the reason of that protest.

On a personal note, **** i hate it how these young fellas wear the Australian Flag like its a Superheros cape, giving the Super Man like powers but only when they are in a very large group, its on par with the Leprechaun outfit they sell at Airports, with out even knowing the person you know they are an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The Aussie wrote: »
    On a personal note, **** i hate it how these young fellas wear the Australian Flag like its a Superheros cape, giving the Super Man like powers but only when they are in a very large group, its on par with the Leprechaun outfit they sell at Airports, with out even knowing the person you know they are an idiot.
    A flag is on par with a Leprechaun outfit? :confused:

I doubt anyone burned leprechaun outfits as some political gesture ;)

hussey wrote: »
    A flag is on par with a Leprechaun outfit? :confused:

I doubt anyone burned leprechaun outfits as some political gesture ;)

Hussy mate, i dont know if you missed the operative word of "Wear" as in wearing the Australian Flag and to wear a Leprechaun suit intentionally or not.
    Or if you are suggesting we do a 1 + 1 and burn those that wear the Australian Flag and Leprechaun Suits, I'd be up for that, does not even have to be a political gesture, would be more public service*

* Joke Alert...

• Advertisement

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/islamic-rally-canned-amid-violence-fears-20120920-267ra.html

This Sundays Melbourne Rally is called off.

Personally I dont get the whole assembling a large group of people at the State Library.

What has the State library ever done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Zambia wrote: »
    http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/islamic-rally-canned-amid-violence-fears-20120920-267ra.html

This Sundays Melbourne Rally is called off.

Personally I dont get the whole assembling a large group of people at the State Library.

What has the State library ever done?

Good news I think and fair play to Islamic leaders in Melbourne who seemed to have taken an unusually pragmatic and reserved stance on the whole thing.

I guess the State Library thing is just because it is an open space in city centre which is easy to get to from most of Melbourne. Most North/South and East/West trams stop close by and Central Station is just across the road. It's also a short walk away from Parliament, which is often destination for most protest marches..

Advertisement