Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaninchen dachshund puppy

Options
  • 16-09-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, not sure if it's ok to post a thread like this but I'm looking to get my boyfriend a Kaninchen Dachshund puppy as a surprise, he lost his mum recently and isn't doing very well since. As he's wanted a dog as long as I've known him I think it'd be really help him get out and about again and the companionship would be very therapeutic. I know I missed the big season for puppies, but if anyone had heard of any for sale I'd really appreciate it as he's been saying he'd love a tiny Dachshund for nearly ten years now! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Its a nice idea to get a dog as a companion but I'd higly recommend to try some rescue organisations. There is always pure breed dogs (maybe no puppies tho), and many many lovley dogs who need a home! :)
    and believe me...if u get a rescued dog...they are grateful forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

celica00 wrote: »
    Its a nice idea to get a dog as a companion but I'd higly recommend to try some rescue organisations. There is always pure breed dogs (maybe no puppies tho), and many many lovley dogs who need a home! :)
    and believe me...if u get a rescued dog...they are grateful forever!

I have been looking but haven't seen anything suitable for us, we have always had rescue animals in the past (and have rescued and rehomed more than our fair share of kittens and even a few puppies) but as we live in an apartment we need something with a quiet peaceful temperment and size especially is very important, so getting a rescue dog would be very risky if it turned out to be a barker or nervous with other people or prone to wandering. If we were in the country side still I wouldn't be so particular but having had dogs before I know how difficult it can be if you don't get one whose personality doesn't suit your lifestyle! I know there aren't any gaurantees with pedigrees either but it's definately much less risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I know exactly what you mean and fair play to u!

Some organisations sometimes know the dogs really well and could tell if there is an issue with the dog or not.
    but i understand what u mean. i hope u have luck and find a new friend soon!

celica00 wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean and fair play to u!

Some organisations sometimes know the dogs really well and could tell if there is an issue with the dog or not.
    but i understand what u mean. i hope u have luck and find a new friend soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

my dads step daughter rescued a lurcher and he is very gentle and laid back, doesnt require huge amounts of exercise and they live in an apt in Dublin. If you just looked at Cork Dawgs facebook page u wud adopt one in a heartbeat!

• Advertisement

Thanks, I've had plenty of adoptees in the past but we've set on a Dachshund this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

2 year old dachshund for sale here as of yesterday in Cork, not sure how much you're willing to spend though...and it's not a puppy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Schnitzelhund! There's a few of them around the city (only seen them recently). They're cool!

Hope you find one!

babo9 wrote: »
    2 year old dachshund for sale here as of yesterday in Cork, not sure how much you're willing to spend though...and it's not a puppy!

Thanks, I saw that one, we check done deal at least once a day! I'd be happy enough to get a grown one but my boyfriend is determined to have a puppy, he know's he won't get to have one again for another 20 years I'd say :p

Advertisement