Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premixed Mortar issue

Options
  • 16-09-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I had to build two little walls with 9" cavities to store an oil tank above ground level. Since there were only 12 blocks involved, I decided to buy a few bags of the ready mixed sand/cement mortar from a DIY store.

I'm wondering if I've used the right stuff at all! It says it's for block laying, but it's nearly RED in colour and I thought it would maybe dry out a different colour.

The two little walls are built now and it's the next day. The mortar is still red and clay like. I used water to get to the usual sticky consistency so I'm sure I mixed it all properly.

I'm just wondering, how long should it take to set (been over 1 day now) and does this stuff usually remain red/orange in colour?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's probably coloured (dyed) mortar and will stay red.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Most likely It will stay red. Its dyed morter. Usually used for pointing on tiles etc.

Advertisement