Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone stolen/located/now what?

• 16-09-2012 12:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Some scumbag picked my pocket in town on friday night. Before I knew it, he'd taken off with my iphone. Unfortunately for him the phone has the find my phone app..and now I have his address (i'll post it here if mods allow?? :cool:)

Anyway, the phone has been completely disabled by O2 and the cops dont want to know. Nothing they can do etc etc.

So now, I have his address - what do I do? Dont fancy going over there and getting stabbed over a phone! Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Ask a guard to accompany you there and ask if they "found" an iPhone on the date it was taken. Hopefully it will scare them enough to hand it back. Otherwise the guards can't do anything, and most scum know this. Basically if I was you I would lower my hopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

theres not a whole lot you can do, just so you know that having app installed is no use to locate the phone, its a setting in location services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Anonymous tip off to Gardai that theres someone selling drugs from that house.

Sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭kirving

Go down to the Gardai again and report it stolen. Also say that you want it recorded that they will not help you, and that you now have no choice but to get it back yourself.

May be of no help at all, but you could at least try it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭benchppress

what's the point in getting it back if it's disabled? it's just an ipod touch now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

what's the point in getting it back if it's disabled? it's just an ipod touch now
    I'd rather get it back and fire it in the bin than have some little scummer use it as an iPod touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Baseball bat, foot to door and go for it. Nothing else really is an option you not going to get help from the law. Unless maybe you call them and say go get my phone or I will and it will end badly for someone they might at least take notice then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

My friend was in the exact same situation. I'll tell you what he did.
    Print out a letter saying he has 5 days to drop the iPhone into the nearest Garda station or his house will be raided by the "GSRU".. and put an official Garda emblem at the bottem of the page, and send it to him.

It worked for my friend, but I don't know how legal it is :pac:
    But the guards wouldn't help him so he had no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Doylers wrote: »
    Baseball bat, foot to door and go for it. Nothing else really is an option you not going to get help from the law. Unless maybe you call them and say go get my phone or I will and it will end badly for someone they might at least take notice then.

Over a disabled phone. Bit much.

Id say tell the Guards theres drugs in the house. They will tear the place upside down and probably find a heap of robbed stuff while they are there including your phone. Theyll get you your phone back and you wont have to look over your shoulder.

Tell them your a concerned neighbour and youve reason to believe that there is a large quantity of drugs in the house being stored for someone. Maybe you "overheard it while outside a shop or on a bus".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Doylers wrote: »

Please do not encourage such actions on boards.

OP, inform the Gardai again if need be. End of story.

Closing this thread now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement