Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know any men who wear wigs?

• 16-09-2012 12:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I don't know of any that I'm aware of.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep, there's a man in my town that wears one. I guess he's in his 70's now but he's been wearing the same wig the past ~15 yrs. It's terrible. Sometimes I think he has it on backways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dickie Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

We suspect that my brothers father in law does but it has never been proven conclusively.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Former Fianna Fail TD and Leader of the Seanad Donie Cassidy

Wiggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Twink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The local Judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Former Fianna Fail TD and Leader of the Seanad Donie Cassidy

Wiggy

His is so horrendously obvious. Here's another shot
    http://s1.jrnl.ie/media/2010/10/PA-1778648-310x415.jpg

Didn't know about Dickie Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

juan.kerr wrote: »
    We suspect that my brothers father in law does but it has never been proven conclusively.
    Only one way to find out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

A guy I know has being wearing one since his mid 20's. He's 30 years old now. It looks terrible. Don't understand why he doesn't just shave his head if it's such a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

There's an old lady beside my mum that always has perfect hair that never looks any different. Always perfect curls that don't seem to grow or move.

My mum is dying for a big gust of wind to come and take it right off her head. I'm not so sure It's a wig..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Did Stephen Ireland wear one, a few years back?

http://www.baldingcelebrities.com/2010/09/stephen-ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Not a wig but in the flesh this Waterford physic has an amazing comb over. Has to be seen to be believed, this man can swirl his locks like no other.

best comb over ever.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

No His Grannies died instead apparantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Not a wig but in the flesh this Waterford physic has an amazing comb over. Has to be seen to be believed, this man can swirl his locks like no other.

best comb over ever.jpg
    That is magnificent! Surely one of the engineering wonders of modern world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I know a guy with 4 wigs, they are all of different lenghts, he rotates them to give the impression that his hair grows.
    Another guy wore one from about 25 to 40, one day he appeared without it,
    nobody said a word, it was if he never had it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

He actually doesnt - its part of his character in Cheers. In one of the episodes he actually takes it off.

Cheers - one of the best comedy shows of all time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There's an ould lad in drumcondra who wears an outrageously obvious wig, its like an actual mop stuck of his head. He also has no eyebrows and his trouser are too short and he dosnt wear socks, a bizarre looking creature

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Eddie Jordan wears one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

RTE's David Davin Power looks unreal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Craig Doyle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I don't know of any that I'm aware of.

Might have been said already, but I'm convinced David Davin-Power is wearing one. Take a lose look next time you watch the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Larianne wrote: »
    Yep, there's a man in my town that wears one. I guess he's in his 70's now but he's been wearing the same wig the past ~15 yrs. It's terrible. Sometimes I think he has it on backways...

Wouldn't happen to be Nenagh would it? Where there's an old man fit's the description alright, but more of a Guinness book of records comb-over the way he has it done:

He's grown a long pony tail, then pulls that forward over the top of his head, tucks the tail end in underneath. then at the back of the head he has the hair at the nape of his neck snipped and groomed and I can't even continue this description because it's like nothing you'll ever have seen! :pac:

Not even the guy I used know before that when he'd be playing hurling, he used hold his comb-over strands with place with a couple of hair clips! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Worked with a fella who had an older one he wore to work and a "good" one he wore at the weekend, decent enough fella but just couldnt have 100% respect for him cause once you know its a wig it just sticks out a mile!
    No time for men who dye their hair either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

TheBody wrote: »
    A guy I know has being wearing one since his mid 20's. He's 30 years old now. It looks terrible. Don't understand why he doesn't just shave his head if it's such a big deal.

Well, the shaved head look doesn't suit every bloke.

I'm sure it wouldn't suit me anyway. Luckily, I've a good tuft & not much snow on the roof either.:cool:

Frank Sinatra wore wigs all the time.
    Someone once visited his dressing room & said it looked like a scene from Fort Apache!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The most memorable "rug" that I ever saw was worn by some guy who was walking down the main street of a town in the UK. There were loads of shoppers around when he arrived at a pedestrian crossing at at some traffic lights. He didn't expect a crosswind and his toupee went flying up the street. I've never seen someone so red-faced and mortified. He didn't even run after it, probably hoping that no-one would think it was his, but some old lady who picked it up handed it to him. He was even more red-faced and mortified after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Dickie Rock.

Ha. Reminds me of this gold in the TV forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75545656&postcount=310

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Bill Cullen & Des Cahill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

andre agassi'slowing locks was always a wig!!! Was shocked when he came out with that a couple of years ago!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement