Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

faro or albufiera

• 16-09-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,thinking of going to the algarve for a few days[five nights]thinking of staying in faro for the first two nights and the other three nights in albufiera, or would you spend the five nights in albufiera?,any excursions or trips out of albufira etc?,thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Hi,

myself and the gf stayed in albufeira for a week last December. It was very quiet but the weather was lovely. Not a huge amount to locally but there were a good few excursions running but they were limited due to it being the off season. The top rated activity was quad bike tours which we couldn't do as neither of us had a driving license. We did a jeep safari though which was very good and a lot of fun. We also had a day trip up to Lisbon which was good although we had a fairly limited time frame in which to explore so i'd recommend spending a night if possible.
    Apart from this, we played minigolf locally, went to some bars and restaurants, chilled on the beach, went to the cinema once, and not a whole lot more. There were other excursions on like boat trips and trips around the algarve but they are very limited and you can't really plan out your holiday as you pretty much have to go to one of the tourist booking shops or your hotel and just ask whats happening the next day and theyll ring around and find out if specific activites are happening that are listed. Just because they say theres a boat trip on a friday doesn't necessarily mean there will be, they'll only go ahead if they get the numbers. I'm sure this isn't an issue during the high season and there are lots of things to do everyday.

Having said all that, I loved it myself. A very chilled out holiday, not usually my preference as I always go places like cities where there is a lot to do and were constantly moving but we got an amazing deal and it was a great escape from reality and the horrible weather from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭sam ford

Thanks for that grimm2005,just like you we usually go to cities and always on the move,but looking forward to the algarve to chill out for a few days,

Advertisement