Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilcock Kilomarathon September 30

Options
  • 16-09-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Has anyone done this event before?
    Looks like good perpetration for dublin marathon

What are the water stations etc like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

daviddenis wrote: »
    Has anyone done this event before?
    Looks like good perpetration for dublin marathon

What are the water stations etc like?

This is the first year its being run, info is very sparse on it. I emailed the organiser about it 3 weeks ago and have gotten no reply to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭daviddenis

If thats the case might sign up for the Athlone 20 Mile instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hi guys, anyone know if there is a map of the route floating about? Know if the route will be well sign-posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Hi guys, anyone know if there is a map of the route floating about? Know if the route will be well sign-posted?

Sounds like the voice of experience talking ;)

wrstan wrote: »
    Sounds like the voice of bad experience talking ;)
    Certainly not the voice of wisdom (which would be telling me to stay home!). If I start another race report with the words 'You'll never guess what happened... again', you have my permission to shoot me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Certainly not the voice of wisdom (which would be telling me to stay home!). If I start another race report with the words 'You'll never guess what happened... again', you have my permission to shoot me.

On the flip side we are guaranteed great weather if you turn up. Please come along. I can't face another cold day like today. The sun will be shining in kilcock and snow falling every where else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

I think you are mis-interpreting the "Clown Effect". He is a magnet, not for hot weather, but whatever weather is less suitable for running given the time of year. No sure what to expect for this one, but the stakes are very low. I will be doing it as my long run, in preparation for Dublin with a few MP intervals thrown in. If they add a few extra KMs on by mistake, all the better.

Hat's off to the organizers. I initially had a lot of misgivings, because of the lack of communication on things like the route, etc. but they did a very solid job. Just one junction didn't have a marshal (which Mithril unfortunately fell foul of) but I thankfully saw the direction painted on the ground and made the right (left) turn.

Marshals and volunteers were superb, with great encouragement all over the course. A tough course with what felt like an unending sequence of hills and drags. I know there must have been downhills, but I must have been in a self-induced coma as I traveled down these, as I don;t remember any of them :o. Prize structure should be revisited, with prizes for 2nd and 3rd and M/F50. Other than that, an extremely solid training run for Dublin marathon and one I would certainly do again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

Fair play to them they did a good job, good route, tough in parts, well supported, was worried about the event but it was very good and enjoyable,
    Hat's off to the organizers. I initially had a lot of misgivings, because of the lack of communication on things like the route, etc. but they did a very solid job. Just one junction didn't have a marshal (which Mithril unfortunately fell foul of) but I thankfully saw the direction painted on the ground and made the right (left) turn.

Marshals and volunteers were superb, with great encouragement all over the course. A tough course with what felt like an unending sequence of hills and drags. I know there must have been downhills, but I must have been in a self-induced coma as I traveled down these, as I don;t remember any of them :o. Prize structure should be revisited, with prizes for 2nd and 3rd and M/F50. Other than that, an extremely solid training run for Dublin marathon and one I would certainly do again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

Same here. Nice friendly local event, easy to get to via the M4 for anyone in the Midlands and Dublin, and well timed as a training event for the Dublin Marathon.
    I, and a few others, got a bonus mile thrown in for free, when a left turn near Donadea estate was left unmarshalled, and the sign blew down, but the result never mattered to most of us on the day. I expect to be back again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement