Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing weight & getting fit (male)?

• 16-09-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am a 17 year old guy, I'm about 5ft 10 and I weight 12.8 stone. Am i overweight? I do not eat vegetables and never have, and i have a poor diet, I was always thin because my mother never gave me bad foods, but since i have gone onto higher education i am out of the house a lot and am eating crap foods. It is very hard for me to exercise as i am a smoker, and have been since i was 13, and get terrible headaches when i do. My diet consists of pasta, bread, chicken, steak, rice, and a variety of crap foods. please do not lecture me about smoking, as i know the risks. Basically I would like to lose some weight, but I don't have that much free time during the day. I have a treadmill and a weights bench. I am looking for advice on how to lose weight doing x amount training every day, for example 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes lifting weights.I am a drummer, would that help me lose weight? I would also like advice on what healthy foods to eat to keep me full, and to aid my weight loss. keep in mind i do not eat vegetables, potatoes and most common foods, so it is difficult. I would be grateful if you could put a diet in place for me.

Thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"please help me lose weight. btw i refuse to eat vegetables"

you're going to have to stay fat or get fatter and come back when you decide to take weight loss just a tiny bit seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MarkyLinkous

No need for smart comments, i'm looking for advice, not some sad bastard.

there is every need for smart comments, what you are asking is ridiculous.

"i want to start swimming but I hate water, any advice?"

Look, you were obviously raised terribly, maybe your mother was a crack whore, **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

No need for smart comments, i'm looking for advice, not some sad bastard.

i'd have to agree with Sir Digby, you need to change a lot of things, attitude, diet and maybe get some manners ;)

• Advertisement

Then help me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Go see a trainer and a nutririonist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Then help me out

What are you playing on drums? If you do 15 x Led Zeppelin songs, 10 sets of iron maiden and 1 set of bon jovi you will rip right up! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I am a 17 year old guy ... I do not eat vegetables and never have, and i have a poor diet ... It is very hard for me to exercise as i am a smoker, and have been since i was 13
    Look, you were obviously raised terribly, maybe your mother was a crack whore, **** off.

How Freudian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Then help me out

You dont need any help. You know what you need to do.

1. Kick the smokes
    2. Stop eating crap
    3. Take up some form of exercise
    4. Learn how to ask for advice on Internet fora.

• Advertisement

about the smoking, you could try an electric cigarette. helps you kick the smoking habit without kicking the nicotine habit, you still get your nic fix but all the health benefits of not burning plant material and paper and inhaling smoke. I've been off the cigs 2 years since I got my ecig and while i'm still too lazy to exercise regularly my lungs and general overall level of fitness has improved since I quit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

If you want to lose weight and get healthier then start reading this and this

At 12 stone 8 it doesn't sound too bad but, I wouldn't really know about guys weights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Infracted, anymore of that nonsense and it'll be a ban

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement