Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for work in Australia

Options
  • 16-09-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Im 34 no qualifications and unskilled.

I have some money in the bank, enough to get out of Ireland and go to Oz.

The WHM visa isnt an option so i was wondering if its the done thing to go there and find work within the alloted leave to remain time period?

I have a buddy in Brisbane who will put me up but i just wondered if its worth going there and trying to look for work/get sponsered with only the 3 month stamp in my passport?

Appreciate any help, thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Widye wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Im 34 no qualifications and unskilled.

I have some money in the bank, enough to get out of Ireland and go to Oz.

The WHM visa isnt an option so i was wondering if its the done thing to go there and find work within the alloted leave to remain time period?

I have a buddy in Brisbane who will put me up but i just wondered if its worth going there and trying to look for work/get sponsered with only the 3 month stamp in my passport?

Appreciate any help, thanks folks.

Getting sponsored is not as easy as it sounds like from pub stories or reading about it on the internet. There are currently about 25,000 Irish people on WHV and most of them are looking for sponsorship to avoid going home to the dole but 80% will fail and most of them are skilled and legally can work/Look for work for an employer for 6 months on a trial.

By your own admissions you are unskilled and even if an employer was interested in giving you a job you couldn't work for them unless they sponsored you. Why would an employer spend between $800-$3500 and the hassle of sponsoring someone they don't know when they could just employ one of your fellow countrymen who are able to work legally for 6 months before they need sponsored.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lynyg18

you now have to get paid over 50000 dollars to get sponsership so it is near impossible

Advertisement