Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three mobile coverage in Waterford?

Options
  • 16-09-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am sniffing around at various packages on bill pay and trying to find a good data plan as well, Three seem to be offering a pretty good package for 40 quid a month, but before i consider anything i need to know what their coverage is like in Waterford? i need my phone to have signal all the time for work, i am currently with o2 and have been since they were esat digifone and the coverage is brilliant but their data packages are shockingly stonage, so i need to go with someone offering better plans...

Anyone on here use Three? whats the coverage for voice and data like?

good? bad?

Cheers
    H

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Used to be with three.Like yourself, I was with o2 but switched over cause it seemed the package was better.After a few months of inconsistent service and being overbilled, I switched back.For me I never had a problem with coverage with o2 but it was a constant problem with 3 and their 3g service was a joke at the best of times. From the get go I had small issues with them, from the phone delivery(took almost a week and when said I could just go into the shop was told phone was dispatched) to the phone not working initially and then having trouble switching number over to 3. I wouldn't recommend them to any one. My wife is still with 3 and hasn't had the same issues as I had , but saying that she still wouldn't rate them over o2.
    3 have a customer talk back section on boards, check it out and you'll see some of the issues people frequently have with them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭molby

I am with 3 and find the coverage very good with them.Always have good 3G coverage in and around the city,Tramore and surrounding counties.The only place I had flakey coverage was down in Jack Meades pub.Sometimes it takes a minute or two to switch back to 3G after making a call but 3 have the best packages of all the phone companies.Was with O2 and would have stayed with them but for their stingy phone plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

I used to be with O2 but found their billing to be very high. I switched over to 3 and over the past six months my billing has been just fine. It is consistently about half of the O2 billing and their service is just as good. You need to assess your billing for a six month period and then assess your requirements for phone and data use.

They are also part of a very large worldwide conglomerate - Hutchinson Whampoa and like to stay in the forefront of mobile phone technology. They are also very generous sponsors in Ireland..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fudark

I've been with 3 for over 3 years (switched from Meteor) and very rarely complained. The coverage is very good and never had problems with going online (except for a week spent in a cottage in Dunmore East).
    I upgraded three handsets with them and people in call centre were always very helpful (last time they gave me SGSII two weeks before I was eliglible for upgrade).
    The only annoying thing is them calling you three times a day when your bill is overdue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Silverado wrote: »
    I used to be with O2 but found their billing to be very high. I switched over to 3 and over the past six months my billing has been just fine. It is consistently about half of the O2 billing and their service is just as good. You need to assess your billing for a six month period and then assess your requirements for phone and data use.

They are also part of a very large worldwide conglomerate - Hutchinson Whampoa and like to stay in the forefront of mobile phone technology. They are also very generous sponsors in Ireland..

Do you get commission for that? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

No, I have no connection whatsoever with 3. I am just a satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

I recently changed to three and git my first bill ehuch is 47 euro ????? I signed up to 40 a month bill so I will be sorting this out hopefully..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm with them about 3 years, living on the old Tramore road area, Signal is fine there and where i work on the cleaboy road.billing is fine,never really goes above €45.

Broke the screen of my old desire hd a few
    Months back and they left me upgrade early and sent me a free HTC one x next day delivery!

Advertisement