Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Centre Jobs - Wellington/ChristChurch

• 16-09-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey Guys
    I am planning on moving to New Zealand next month and hope to go to either Wellington or Christchurch.
    I have 4 years experience working in Call Centers and reckon that this is my best bet in terms of finding work in New Zealand.

I am led to believe that Call center jobs are easier to find in Auckland
    BUT are they impossible to find in Wellington or New Zealand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Nope. Go to tradme.co.nz and check the job listings, there's always call centre jobs there.... I spent a brief time with The Calling Company who'll probably take you on if you've got experience and speak good england.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

www.seek.co.nz is also another good site to look for jobs. I just threw in call centre into the search there and 720 jobs appeared e.g. call centre manager, sales etc. With regards location, I'm moving to Christchurch as an engineer so I have no idea about the best call centre locations, sorry. Hope that helps. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 theshowdog

Hey guys,

Seriously thats brilliant.

I'm glad I can go somewhere else cos I haven't been hearing great things about Auckland.

But just to be clear are you guts talking about Wellington or Christchurch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

My search for you on www.seek.co.nz was for "anywhere in New Zealand". I didn't do a specific city search! The aim of my post was to give you the website name and an example of how good I think it is! Hope this clarifies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 theshowdog

No don't get me wrong I appreciate it, but you can look for a job in a search engine in Ireland and a good few will come up, doesn't mean its easy to get a job.

Was looking for some actual experience in finding Call centre/office admin, work - waiting times? We talking Days, Weeks Months.
    I'd have a pretty good C.v.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I was talking about Chch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

There's loads in chch showdog. Main reason is from the earthquake so a lot of insurance companies are hiring for their call centres etc.

I don't have much knowledge though of waiting times etc but it'll generally give a deadline and start date on the job listing. So you can get a rough idea from that.

Advertisement