Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice. Haunting - I think.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭countrynosebag

it's so hard for you - i do agree with so much of above advice too
    when people are scared well, you have heard of the "fight or flight responses"
    and rational thinking is not at the forefront
    there are probably equal amounts of people who swear nothing like this exists and the other who swear they do - and many will cite examples the have heard about or have personal experience
    i am not an expert at all and make no claims for either set of beliefs
    i have heard about a vatican priest - probably watched that documentary too
    i think the main thing for you is to pursue your investigations methodically and document as carefully as you can - ensure that you have support and take it to the best conclusion that you feel able to
    i hope you look after yourselves carefully - you seem to be getting so very nervous and a chat with the doctor can also be very supportive
    thinking positive thoughts and i hope you are too

• Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

pm1977x wrote: »
    Akrasia wrote: »
    I call shenanigans

For 40 quid you can get a motion sensor camera with night vision which you could set up to record all of these sounds and movements

http://www.amazon.com/Esky-Camera-Monitoring-System---White/dp/B007BZA8DQ/ref=sr_1_20?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1348048909&sr=1-20&keywords=motion+sensor+baby+monitor

If you can capture genuine footage of paranormal activity you would be able to sell it for a lot more than the price of this camera

I doubt profit is of any interest to her and although I suggested trying to record the taps coiming on, on reflection I was thinking any evidence would probably just further terrify the OP rather than help, even if it is all done to naturally occuring phenomena she's not going to see anything helfpful (would be pretty cool to catch on camera though!)
    If I had a problem with my taps I'd call a plumber before a priest.. I but that's just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

faceman wrote: »
    OP, where do you live and when did you move in?

I live near Gorey. Bought the house 4 months ago.

It was definitely perfume on the ceiling. I smelled it when I wiped it off.

My cousin has friends about a mile down the road. He found out that the last people only lived in it for less than a year and then put it up for sale.

My husband is away with work now, so I stayed elsewhere last night and set up a wild life camera we have. It only snapped a couple of pictures with nothing in them. It does this even when set up outdoors for wildlife though, so nothing strange there.

I always leave a recorder on to record sounds at night now, but all it ever gets is snoring.

The priest is coming back tonight and im going to tell him to bless ever corner of every room. I really get the feeling he thinks im nuts.
    I used to be very sceptical and laughed at people with stories like mine. Amazing how your outlook changes though when certain things happen.

Im feeling brave today so determined not to be frightened out of my own home again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Did you not meet the previous owners? I'd be on the OSI and land registry sites by now. Still probably wouldn't tell you much though. Do you know your neighbors?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

O P I have read your thread with interest . Hopefully you will feel better after the priest visits you , if nothing else but to put your mind at rest . It is worth noting that in the vast majority of cases , what was puported to be a "haunting" turns out to have some very non paranormal reasons behind the instances . In the event that you are still not feeling comfortable after the intervention of the local priest then feel free to drop me a p m , I am a medium with some experience , I do not charge any money or seek any sort of payment for my time . I am currently in wexford and therefore might be of some use to you . Hopefully you wont need to contact me at all , but the offer is there , best of luck with it .

• Advertisement

O P I have read your thread with interest . Hopefully you will feel better after the priest visits you , if nothing else but to put your mind at rest . It is worth noting that in the vast majority of cases , what was puported to be a "haunting" turns out to have some very non paranormal reasons behind the instances . In the event that you are still not feeling comfortable after the intervention of the local priest then feel free to drop me a p m , I am a medium with some experience , I do not charge any money or seek any sort of payment for my time . I am currently in wexford and therefore might be of some use to you . Hopefully you wont need to contact me at all , but the offer is there , best of luck with it .

Hi,
    Thanks for the offer. But id be afraid to get a medium in. I want this thing to leave, not talk to it. The priest was up and is gone home now. He told me this time that he was talking to the local PP who told him that he was called out to the house by the people who last lived here.
    He also told him that the owners before them put the house up for sale after the mother died falling down the stairs.
    I rang my cousin and he said his friend told him this, but he didnt tell me because he didnt want to scare me.
    Hopefully its gone now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Mannix80 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for the offer. But id be afraid to get a medium in. I want this thing to leave, not talk to it. The priest was up and is gone home now. He told me this time that he was talking to the local PP who told him that he was called out to the house by the people who last lived here.
    He also told him that the owners before them put the house up for sale after the mother died falling down the stairs.
    I rang my cousin and he said his friend told him this, but he didnt tell me because he didnt want to scare me.
    Hopefully its gone now anyway.

Hope this works out for you OP. Re the stairs death, what's going on now migjt be nothing to do with it. I looked into the area where I think your house is built, but seems to be nothing of substance there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

A chilling tale Mannix80 - made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck - I don't envy you at all and I hope you get to the bottom of it - paranormal or not.

Your experiences remind me of a book I recently read - "A True Haunting" by E.F Becker, about his experiences in a house he purchased in the early 70's in Chicago, NBC at the time even did a news story on it - anyway - I don't recommend you read it to be honest - it's kinda scary, he went to his local priest about it too (catholic) but he refused to help him. Your story put me in mind of his tale as there are similarities like people dying in the house before he moved in and such and other people living there having weird experiences.

But anyhows.. best of luck.

I thought I was going nuts myself at the start tbh, so im not surprised anyone i tell thinks im nuts.

I chickened out last night and didnt stay.
    My husband is back today so im not so scared to stay in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Well the priest was here last night. Blessed the house and said good luck.
    I think he thinks i'm imagining it.

I'm getting the priest back.

Are you sure you're dealing with a Catholic ghost?

If the ghost isn't Catholic, bringing in a priest will only píss it off. This appears to be the case here.

In the early 18th century, several thousand German protestants were settled around Ireland, including in Gorey. It may be that what you need is a Protestant blessing. I'd recommend getting it done in German as well because if my suspicions are correct and that this is a German ghost, it might not have very good English or Latin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

I thought I was going nuts myself at the start tbh, so im not surprised anyone i tell thinks im nuts.

I chickened out last night and didnt stay.
    My husband is back today so im not so scared to stay in the house.
    Hi mannix..i sympatise with your situation..how are things tonight?by any chance are you between riverchapel and poulshone area?

Im between Gorey and the sea.
    Didnt sleep a wink last night
    lots of whispering. My husband even heard it this time and is freaked out now too.

My friend is bringing a woman over tonight with a ouija board.
    We're going to get rid of this thing once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

what makes you think a ouija board will get rid off it ? Personally i would go with the sage and open windows if a priest didnt work, if you use a ouija board you could just contact other spirits that arent the ones haunting you. There isnt scientific fact around this so you can only really go with whats available... Personal testimony and experiences if you look around compare stories on the use of ouija boards it does come across as pretty high risk.
    Good luck

Rachiee wrote: »
    what makes you think a ouija board will get rid off it ? Personally i would go with the sage and open windows if a priest didnt work, if you use a ouija board you could just contact other spirits that arent the ones haunting you. There isnt scientific fact around this so you can only really go with whats available... Personal testimony and experiences if you look around compare stories on the use of ouija boards it does come across as pretty high risk.
    Good luck

I tried all that the other day and it didnt work.
    This woman is sure she can get rid of it.
    I'm well passed scientific fact at this stage though. At my wits end tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Ah come on, are you serious?
    I dont mean to cause offence, and I'm keeping an open mind, but this is

1) A hoax
    2) There is something paranormal happening in your house
    or
    3) You are experiencing some sort of mental condition (which Im not professional enough to state specifically). and should visit your doctor

Priest out twice? And then you decline the help of a medium without even exploring that as a possibility? This doesnt stack up for me.

Ah come on, are you serious?
    I dont mean to cause offence, and I'm keeping an open mind, but this is

1) A hoax
    2) There is something paranormal happening in your house
    or
    3) You are experiencing some sort of mental condition (which Im not professional enough to state specifically). and should visit your doctor

Priest out twice? And then you decline the help of a medium without even exploring that as a possibility? This doesnt stack up for me.

There is a medium coming today.
    I'm no out of my mind.
    I dont rally care if you think its a hoax or not.

I have got some good suggestions here, but unfortunately nothing has worked yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

There is a medium coming today.
    I'm no out of my mind.
    I dont rally care if you think its a hoax or not.

I have got some good suggestions here, but unfortunately nothing has worked yet.

Mannix80, I didnt say that I thought it was a hoax. I did say it was a possibility.

The medium thats visiting today, is she the person that your friend is bringing over with the Ouija board?

If these things are genuinely occuring, please be very careful about how you deal with this. I wish you well.

Do NOT under any circumstances put your trust in someone who guarantees they can get rid of spirits , the use of ouija boards is downright dangerous and no medium worth their salt would advocate the use of one . Please think carefully before proceeding , I understand you are scared and hoping to put things right but I cant stress enough that this course of action will not help in the slightest and may even make things worse .

Do NOT under any circumstances put your trust in someone who guarantees they can get rid of spirits , the use of ouija boards is downright dangerous and no medium worth their salt would advocate the use of one . Please think carefully before proceeding , I understand you are scared and hoping to put things right but I cant stress enough that this course of action will not help in the slightest and may even make things worse .

tbh i've tried everything else at this stage.
    Last hope tonight. We've decide if that doesnt work we are moving out and selling up.

• Advertisement

I would suggest you keep calm and do not do anything rash for the moment , about this medium who guarantees she can help , have you looked into her credentials and satisfied yourself that shes not just a nut job ?

I would suggest you keep calm and do not do anything rash for the moment , about this medium who guarantees she can help , have you looked into her credentials and satisfied yourself that shes not just a nut job ?

How do you look into a mediums credentials?
    She'll be here in a couple of hours anyway. And she was recommended to me by someone i trust. Either it works or it doesnt. If it doesnt we're selling up.
    My husband finally admitted that last night things couldnt be explained any other way. He walked around the cold spot it the room to see if the whispering was coming from it and it was. Something breathed in his face with a smell of rank breath. That was him finally pushed over the line.
    He doesnt want me staying there when he is away anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

Hi, I agree stay away from the medium please, I understand you seek answers and help but watch out- there are many tricksters out there.
    My advice is to ring Fr Jim Cogley of Olegate Parish in Wexford.
    I promise you he is you port of call. I have had many friends who sought spiritual advice,help and guidance from him and he can sense things on another level. he can 'clear' blockages. Not a old style priest,a deep deep guy. ...am not joking. Go and see him, tell him your story and he will come to help you. Not a doubt in my mind at all.

being reccomended by someone you trust is a good thing , however I am very concerned that anyone who advocates the use of an ouija board for communication may not be experienced enough to deal with things . In most cases a medium attempts to communicate thru other means , determines what course of action to take , cleanses the area and restore calm , certainly tackling the problem from the dark side of things that an ouija board is associated with has as far as i know never helped .I dont go in for this method and neither does any other medium i have ever spoken to .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Does the ghost understand English? If not, you're wasting your time with priests, mediums and ouija boards unless things are done in a language that the ghost can understand. I mean, how do you expect it to answer questions if it doesn't know what you're asking?

I'd also recommend sprinkling some Odlum's self-raising flour around the active areas before you go to bed. This will record any hoof or hand prints as well as other disturbances. It's also cheap to buy and can be easily hoovered up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

tbh i've tried everything else at this stage.
    Last hope tonight. We've decide if that doesnt work we are moving out and selling up.
    Mannix..best of luck with tonight ..let us know how you get on tonight with the medium..

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Savage924

I suggest buying some Jack Daniels , putting on The Wolfe Tones and screaming out the lyrics from the bottom of your lungs , but whenever they say "british" or "black'n'tans" replace that with ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

So how did it go with the medium

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Hope tonight went well Mannix ......cant wait to get the update!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 pergola

It may be worth your while to check out the history of the house, if the house is haunted there is a reason for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement