Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice. Haunting - I think.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

i'm really upset now as i write this.
    The woman turned up with her assistant and set up in the living room.
    About 5 minutes into the procedure we could all hear whispers but not enough to know what they were saying.
    The medium said the spirit was not cooperating and refusing to answer her and told it to leave. Then everything went quiet and she said it had gone.
    We noticed then that both her and her assistant had nose bleeds. She said that had never happened before.
    They left shortly after.
    I did the flour thing suggested earlier to make sure nothing was in the room because the coldspot was still there.
    About 4 am we were woken by a loud bang downstairs. We went down and the coffee table in the living room was smashed to pieces.
    Then i noticed my husband had a nosebleed and we heard the whispering again.
    by the time we went back upstairs i had a nosebleed too.
    then we noticed the flour was all over the bed too. There were no foot prints , just like flour had been spread everywhere on the bed. it looked like it had been "swept" up off the floor and thrown over the bed.
    We are leaving now in about ten minute when the taxi arrives and never coming back. Staying with my sister til we get a place of our own and putting this house up for sale this week.
    My husband will be back during the week to pack up everything and put it in storage. I'm never coming back.
    Thanks to anyone who tried to help, but i'm giving up now. Whatever is in the house has won. We can fight no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

That's terrible . Sounds like something out of a movie.

As pergola said I think once your out of the house and presure I'd start doing some serious research into this house.

Can I ask have you told any of your friends and family about this?, do people in your local area know about this house, what I mean is are you going to have problems selling house?

I personally don't think it would be fair to sell on this problem.

I found this post on boards of a person looking for hauntings from gorey,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69773878

And I also found a link to these people from Wexford paranormal , I hope this will be of some interest to you

http://www.wexfordparanormal.com/team.html

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Some of this story is not adding up for me. You heard "a bang but the coffee table is smashed"

Surely there'd be more noise then just a "bang" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,409 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

amdublin wrote: »
    Some of this story is not adding up for me. You heard "a bang but the coffee table is smashed"

Surely there'd be more noise then just a "bang" :confused:
    What happened to the recording equipment that they set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

this is freaky, the hair on the back of my neck stood up reading what happened last night!

• Advertisement

Mannix80 wrote: »
    i'm really upset now as i write this.
    The woman turned up with her assistant and set up in the living room.
    About 5 minutes into the procedure we could all hear whispers but not enough to know what they were saying.
    The medium said the spirit was not cooperating and refusing to answer her and told it to leave. Then everything went quiet and she said it had gone.
    We noticed then that both her and her assistant had nose bleeds. She said that had never happened before.
    They left shortly after.
    I did the flour thing suggested earlier to make sure nothing was in the room because the coldspot was still there.
    About 4 am we were woken by a loud bang downstairs. We went down and the coffee table in the living room was smashed to pieces.
    Then i noticed my husband had a nosebleed and we heard the whispering again.
    by the time we went back upstairs i had a nosebleed too.
    then we noticed the flour was all over the bed too. There were no foot prints , just like flour had been spread everywhere on the bed. it looked like it had been "swept" up off the floor and thrown over the bed.
    We are leaving now in about ten minute when the taxi arrives and never coming back. Staying with my sister til we get a place of our own and putting this house up for sale this week.
    My husband will be back during the week to pack up everything and put it in storage. I'm never coming back.
    Thanks to anyone who tried to help, but i'm giving up now. Whatever is in the house has won. We can fight no more.
    What was the name of the medium,
    I'd be interested in talking to her about what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭passatman86

pictures/recordings or this is a fake
    sorry to be so blunt
    cant wait for updates

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pergola

Well done for leaving, the medium would have made the situation worse. The next people that live in your house will have the same problem and if it was me I wouldn't feel right about not informing them of the events that have happened. A woman dying on the stairs in the house would not make the place haunted unless she was murdered there.

A quality photo of the table would be a help. Ghosts would not use hammers, for example....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Realtine wrote: »
    A chilling tale Mannix80 - made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck - I don't envy you at all and I hope you get to the bottom of it - paranormal or not.

Your experiences remind me of a book I recently read - "A True Haunting" by E.F Becker, about his experiences in a house he purchased in the early 70's in Chicago, NBC at the time even did a news story on it - anyway - I don't recommend you read it to be honest - it's kinda scary, he went to his local priest about it too (catholic) but he refused to help him. Your story put me in mind of his tale as there are similarities like people dying in the house before he moved in and such and other people living there having weird experiences.

But anyhows.. best of luck.
    Just on the point in bold: I guarantee that someone has died in just about every house in the country over 50 years old. 'Someone died there' doesn't = ghost, otherwise there'd be ghosts in every house, and hospitals would be a nightmare.
    My friend is bringing a woman over tonight with a ouija board.
    We're going to get rid of this thing once and for all.
    Oiuja boards are toys. They are marketed as toys. They are made by a toy company.

Overall I'm inclined not to believe the OPs story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

As pergola said I think once your out of the house and presure I'd start doing some serious research into this house.

Can I ask have you told any of your friends and family about this?, do people in your local area know about this house, what I mean is are you going to have problems selling house?

And I also found a link to these people from Wexford paranormal , I hope this will be of some interest to you

Thanks for that.

To the poster who is wondering about the difference between a bang and a smash sound, we all describe sounds differently I suppose. We were asleep when we heard it. It woke us up. It was a sound like a bang to me. Just one huge noise.
    The table is smashed liked somebody jumped on it and it collapsed into pieces.

Im in my sisters now in Dublin. I'm never going back.
    Im not going to ask any questions about the house or mention it ever again as i dont want to draw attention while trying to sell it.
    We got it very cheap so if we get the same price for it as we paid i'll be happy. I'll even be happy if we make a loss as long as we can get rid of it.

I wont be posting here again as im trying to forget the whole sorry episode. I consider it over now. Selling up and moving on. Thanks to all those who tried to help. There wont be anymore events from that house as i wont be in it ever again. Not even during the day, never mind sleeping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Sorry to hear about your situation mannix80,its perfectly normal for people to not understand/believe that things like this can and do happen.
    Im not going to go into my own story in my own house after my first child was born,but needless to say it was every bit as disturbing as yours if not more,our family is still living at the house but we had to seek clerical help and psychic/medium help after that too.best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I think you're right to get out of there. It must be very frightening to have things like that happen in your home - its creeping me out to think of those happenings. Never experienced anything like you describe in all the houses I have lived in over the years. Sounds like a really bad place to be. Hope it sells for you and you can put the weird happenings behind you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If you are moving out, perhaps you could let a few paranormal investigators come and have a look at the property first. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

something does not add up here . The correct course of action would have been to engage a priest to say mass in the property first , and then monitor it for changes , bringing someone in with an ouija board was just damned stupid , like i said previously , approaching the situation with a tool used for tapping into the scum of the spirit world was never going to work now was it ?

It sounds to me like the hysteria created added fuel to the fire , did the medium attempt to ascertain why this presence was in your property?Was there any dialogue understood by the medium? or was she merely trying to connect using the ouija board? the more I hear about this situation the more I think you may be dealing with poltergeist phenomenon , which is created by the energy of someone actually resident in the property .

I would suggest you look after your own mental health first and foremost, perhaps a break away from the property is just the ticket at present, when you feel able after a rest , approach the situation with a logical mind and do not allow your fears to take over your life. In most cases there will always be logical explanations , your property needs to be monitored for electrical wiring which might not be insulated in particular in your bedroom , it is a well known fact that uninsulated wiring can cause hallucinations , headaches, nosebleeds etc .

Thanks for that.

To the poster who is wondering about the difference between a bang and a smash sound, we all describe sounds differently I suppose. We were asleep when we heard it. It woke us up. It was a sound like a bang to me. Just one huge noise.
    The table is smashed liked somebody jumped on it and it collapsed into pieces.

Im in my sisters now in Dublin. I'm never going back.
    Im not going to ask any questions about the house or mention it ever again as i dont want to draw attention while trying to sell it.
    We got it very cheap so if we get the same price for it as we paid i'll be happy. I'll even be happy if we make a loss as long as we can get rid of it.

I wont be posting here again as im trying to forget the whole sorry episode. I consider it over now. Selling up and moving on. Thanks to all those who tried to help. There wont be anymore events from that house as i wont be in it ever again. Not even during the day, never mind sleeping there.
    Now that you've had your fun don't you think the decent thing to do is to admit that you've been making all this up rather than leave a load of people believing that this was real?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Akrasia wrote: »
    Now that you've had your fun don't you think the decent thing to do is to admit that you've been making all this up rather than leave a load of people believing that this was real?

I'm just glad that someone finally took my advice about the Odlum's. It should always be the first port of call when dealing with the paranormal.

I still think that a multi-lingual clairvoyant would have had better success though. The assumption that the ghost will understand English is a bit naive given that English has only been widely spoken in this country for a couple of hundred years. Chances are, most ghosts are Irish-speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

This thread has really disappointed me. Boards.ie could be such a useful place for those with a genuine interest and concern in the paranormal.

As far as I can see, this thread has gone unchallenged, its def an attention seeking waste of time.

Troll FFFS

Akrasia wrote: »

Why did u quote what I said, are you saying that we are the same person or what?

I believe that if I had a problem like this and I seeked the help off people on a forum like this for opinions and I found people were very negative towards me then I think I'd just close the thread and stop responding.

Who's to say everything we read on boards is bull... We just have to assume the op is telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mac.the.hat

Mannix80, these things do happen and they are a lot more common than you would think. What has been happening certainly is frightening and it can be hard to know where to turn. There are people out there who encounter and deal with this sort of activity on an ongoing basis and would be absolutely delighted to help you.

Why don't you contact Wexford Paranormal? You can email them at enquiries@wexfordparanormal.org or if you prefer, give them a ring at <snip>. They are very professional in they way they handle cases and they do not charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with ouijia boards?

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with ouijia boards?

Are you joking......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are you joking......

Sorry, should have said, I really don't know anything about the paranormal.
    I thought an ouijia board was just an a-z in order to form a dialogue with something.
    Seems straight forward so I don't see he negative association.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Are you joking......

I'm curious about this too. As another poster correctly pointed out Ouija boards are toys produced by the toy company Hasbro.

I don't have any belief in the supernatural or paranormal and I haven't come on this board to insult anyone.

Ziphius wrote: »
    I'm curious about this too. As another poster correctly pointed out Ouija boards are toys produced by the toy company Hasbro.

I don't have any belief in the supernatural or paranormal and I haven't come on this board to insult anyone.

Well my advice to all of ye that think a ouija board is just a play thing that hasbro makes... Buy connect 4 instead. Way safer ;)

Sorry, should have said, I really don't know anything about the paranormal.
    I thought an ouijia board was just an a-z in order to form a dialogue with something.
    Seems straight forward so I don't see he negative association.

There is no positive association , no good ever came from it.

Well my advice to all of ye that think a ouija board is just a play thing that hasbro makes... Buy connect 4 instead. Way safer ;)

But Connect 4 has small parts. A choking hazard surely? ;)

I actually am looking for a serious answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

lets assume for a moment that ouija boards can be used as a tool to contact spirits , without getting into an indepth explanation , if it were possible to channel spirits you can assume that there are good ones and bad ones just as in life there are good people and bad people , also in the afterlife there are good and bad , lets assume for a minute that good souls reside in the heavens and that bad souls reside in hell , and that hell is easier to contact thru an ouija board , with minimal understanding of vibrationary levels . I have come across a good few people who dabbled in ouija "for the craic" none of them have ever had good experiences with it and all of them frightened the bejayzuz out of themselves . Ouija has long been associated with negative chanelling experiences , and is usually the tool of choice for people who want answers on demand and who have not researched other methods of communication .

lets assume for a moment that ouija boards can be used as a tool to contact spirits , without getting into an indepth explanation , if it were possible to channel spirits you can assume that there are good ones and bad ones just as in life there are good people and bad people , also in the afterlife there are good and bad , lets assume for a minute that good souls reside in the heavens and that bad souls reside in hell , and that hell is easier to contact thru an ouija board , with minimal understanding of vibrationary levels . I have come across a good few people who dabbled in ouija "for the craic" none of them have ever had good experiences with it and all of them frightened the bejayzuz out of themselves . Ouija has long been associated with negative chanelling experiences , and is usually the tool of choice for people who want answers on demand and who have not researched other methods of communication .

You have summed it up perfectly Skepticalone

• Advertisement

Thank you for taking the time to post this skepticalone. While I don't accept your premises I can follow the logic you are using.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement