Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice. Haunting - I think.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

The houses for sale near Gorey have just fallen in price by 30 % after this.

What advantage was a having male as against a female Mortal going to be against a ghost any way ?

Was talking to a skeptic recently about banshees and the like

He told me he was walking home in the dark ,to curracloe village,one moonless evening.

He heard footsteps behind him but couldn't see anything,

When he stopped then footsteps stopped ...still couldn't see anything, but he could feel a presence.

He walked again , the footsteps started.
    He walked faster ,,, the footsteps came faster
    He walked much faster ,,,,the footsteps went much faster.
    He stopped again ,,, the footsteps stopped again.

He started again and the foot steps started again, it was too far to run to the village, so he slowed back down to normal walking pace with the footsteps doing the same,.

When he got near enough to the village that he knew he could sprint the rest of the way without stopping ,off he ran like lynford christy,,,, the footsteps did the same but didn't gain too much

Finally he ran into furlongs pub before the footsteps caught him, as he looked around behind him too see the presence now that he was in the company of others what was it ,,,,,,,,,,only

Paddy murphy's Goat!!!!

Following him into the pub.

Sure with hooves like that wouldn't ye think, it was the devil himself !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

The reason photos would have been useful is that they might have convinced me that the OP was genuine.

Of course they wouldn't prove it was a paranormal event, but that's not the point. People on this forum will be supportive and helpful as long as they believe the person posting is genuine (whether their experiences are paranormal or not).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mannix if this is legit, would you mind someone from Boards who is in a paranormal society perform experiments/tests out in your house?

Could be good scientific results if you allow them to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Mannix if this is legit, would you mind someone from Boards who is in a paranormal society perform experiments/tests out in your house?

Could be good scientific results if you allow them to go :)

There's no way mannix won't see this and when she does if she chooses to ignore this invitation then yes I will say it was all a hoax, because if it's as bad as she's saying then she should be delighted , I know if this was my house and people wanted to help I'd tear their hands off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Maudi, ur kiddin surely? As far as I can read, paranormal boards.ie is the last place on this planet to seek a sympathetic ear.

(However I do acknowledge other planets might be more accommodating).

As a boards.ie member, we are allowed (I presume) to air an opinion based on the limited details presented/offered (?).

Therefore we use our knowledge and experience to make a decision based on the limited details offered.

You remain open-minded presumably (?) but also make a general critical judgement on those calling "hoax".

I've have read back through similar threads and those posters calling "troll/fake/hoax" do not appear to pass general critical comment on either "pro" or "open-minded" posters (on similar threads).
    You can dress it up any way you want son..you were/are rude and hostile to the op.in what we (presume)is their true story..you called them a fake (f.f.s)thats rude (im sure on your planet/state of mind its rude too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

peil wrote: »
    There was an experiment conducted by a Victorian "scientist" (unfortunately I cannot find his name but Derren Brown made a video showing the experiment shouldn't be too hard to find) in which a shot glass was used as the pointer, and a stack of card discs were tied n top. As the shot glass moved, the slant of the card discs was the same as the direction of the shot glass' motion. If it had been the other way around, it would have shown the people/person's finger(s) were being pulled, rather than doing the pulling.

So in short, they're fake, at least when conducted in a controlled environment. I have no doubt though people will still say the spirits won't work when science is involved. I still wouldn't use it because I'm very superstitious and for some reason nervous of an Sí and the weird science people are always finding (unusual, I know).
    Penn & Teller did a bit on ouija boards too. They not only did the thing with the card discs, they also blindfolded the participants, then turned the board the wrong way round. Funnily enough the 'spirit' kept trying to write as though the position of the board were the same, almost as if the 'spirit' couldn't see unless the participants could.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

kylith wrote: »
    Penn & Teller did a bit on ouija boards too. They not only did the thing with the card discs, they also blindfolded the participants, then turned the board the wrong way round. Funnily enough the 'spirit' kept trying to write as though the position of the board were the same, almost as if the 'spirit' couldn't see unless the participants could.

Just watched it. Quite funny actually.

I guess what fascinates me about this thread is the responses from the believers. That someone can go from "skeptic" to moving out and selling the house becasue of a few spooky coincidences in the space of a week is incredible. That people are supportive of this is beyond me.

Shouldn't some non-paranormal solutions be offered before such a drastic step is taken. Maybe leave the house for a week and come back. Or, everytime something creepy happens just refuse to believe it's a ghost and think up some kind of rational explanation. See if that improves your quality of life. I hear plenty of creepy things alone at night, I usually think it's a burglar but it's always something more mundane: the wind, a cat, students coming home from a night out.

Is this a normal thing in the world of paranormal believers? Does your belief have a negative effect on your lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

There's no way mannix won't see this and when she does if she chooses to ignore this invitation then yes I will say it was all a hoax, because if it's as bad as she's saying then she should be delighted , I know if this was my house and people wanted to help I'd tear their hands off.

Mannix was already offered the assistance/help of a medium on boards but she declined.

Maudi wrote: »
    You can dress it up any way you want son..you were/are rude and hostile to the op.in what we (presume)is their true story..you called them a fake (f.f.s)thats rude (im sure on your planet/state of mind its rude too)

Maudi, so someone comes on boards (on what attempts to be a serious category) and comes up with what is clearly in my opinion, pure fantasy, dragging people in expecting tea and sympathy. Call it as one sees it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I don't think anyone was rude to the OP. On the contrary, a few posters were complimentary on his or her writing style. The fact remains that the story (not the OP) does not appear to be genuine, as things just don't add up.

This can be ascertained by simply reading between the lines:

''My husband says its our imagination, but still wont let me stay alone in the house''
    He then went on a business trip for the week.

''I've asked a priest family friend to come tomorrow, but things seem to be getting more serious now.''
    A former skeptic, and this is the first thing she does before checking wiring, plumbing, even the history of the house? Who on earth wouldn't be curious?

''A bottle of perfume that was on the smashed all over the floor. Hubby said that it just fell off, but then i looked up and it was dripping from the ceiling. It had broken off the ceiling.

I'm getting the priest back
    .''
    Nice timing - a classic style trick in fiction. Suspense, pause, reaction. The OP is almost taking us along on the ride here.

''When we bought the house i didnt think this could happen in a million years.''
    and ''I used to be very sceptical and laughed at people with stories like mine. Amazing how your outlook changes though when certain things happen
    .''
    A personal note. 'I never thought this would happen to me...but...' tactic.

''Hi, Thanks for the offer. But id be afraid to get a medium in. I want this thing to leave, not talk to it.''
    Yet two days later, a medium comes in with a OUIJA BOARD because OP doesn't want to talk to it?

''The priest was up and is gone home now. He told me this time that he was talking to the local PP who told him that he was called out to the house by the people who last lived here.
    He also told him that the owners before them put the house up for sale after the mother died falling down the stairs
    .''
    Really, a gossip-mongering priest?
    Additionally, stairs fatalities tend to appear in the newspaper, and there was one like this in Enniscorthy in 2011 (which could fit the timeline), and the victim had adult children. Seems like the OP could be inspired by true events.

''My friend is bringing a woman over tonight with a ouija board.
    We're going to get rid of this thing once and for all
    .''
    The change of heart two days later, yet nothing besides whispering seemed to have happened in that timeframe? Even folks who don't know anything about ouija boards or even believe in them, would admit that this is not an effective way to get rid of a spirit. Plus, no medium would use a board - the board is a medium.

''i'm really upset now as i write this. ''
    So why did you sign in and start to tell us about it. We would have said, get the F out of there.

''About 4 am we were woken by a loud bang downstairs. We went down and the coffee table in the living room was smashed to pieces.
    Then i noticed my husband had a nosebleed and we heard the whispering again.
    by the time we went back upstairs i had a nosebleed too
    . ''
    This is pretty serious stuff - even before the flour incident! So OP goes onto the computer/phone to report to the boards thread? Violence (coffee table) and physical injury (nosebleeds, possible stairs incident in the past) has occurred. If it was me, I would grab my coat and go - but they stuck around another 5 hours.

''We are leaving now in about ten minute when the taxi arrives and never coming back''
    This may be a stretch, but why do neither of them have a car when they live 'between Gorey and the sea''. It is not known for its great public transport links. Husband has a job, he was away on business, so I don't think not affording a car is an issue.
    Plus she says that ''My husband will be back during the week to pack up everything and put it in storage''.

''We dont know the people who owned the house before or where they are now. We dont care anyway. They more than likely are not going to give us our money back.''
    That's funny - why would it even occur to someone that there is a possibility of getting money back on a house that may be haunted, or for any reason for that matter! In any case, anyone that has bought a house before knows the names of the seller! It is on the contract.

I am not saying the OP is lying. I am not saying this story isn't true. However, this does not seem genuine, there are too many gaps in logic, reason and continuity.

• Advertisement

Ziphius wrote: »
    Just watched it. Quite funny actually.

I guess what fascinates me about this thread is the responses from the believers. That someone can go from "skeptic" to moving out and selling the house becasue of a few spooky coincidences in the space of a week is incredible. That people are supportive of this is beyond me.

Shouldn't some non-paranormal solutions be offered before such a drastic step is taken. Maybe leave the house for a week and come back. Or, everytime something creepy happens just refuse to believe it's a ghost and think up some kind of rational explanation. See if that improves your quality of life. I hear plenty of creepy things alone at night, I usually think it's a burglar but it's always something more mundane: the wind, a cat, students coming home from a night out.

Is this a normal thing in the world of paranormal believers? Does your belief have a negative effect on your lives?

It can be common that people who believe in ghosts and spirits jump to that conclusion first when encountering something that is considered in the public conciousness; e.g. it's not a draft, it's a 'cold spot', it didn't fall off the table, it was thrown, the screeching isn't a cat getting lucky, it's a banshee. I too am often surprised that some people will leap to 'ghosts' before checking more mundane things like wiring, pipes, looking for signs of rats, but then there are some people who'd jump to buy a new printer before checking to see if maybe there's just a piece of paper stuck in the 'broke' one, so maybe just overreaction is just part of the human psyche.

When I come on here it's to offer more rational explanations. Generally doing so is grand here, occasionally you'll get someone who seems to think that any scepticism is against the forum charter, but generally a well thought out post, avoiding any name calling, insinuation that the OP is a couple of pieces short of a jigsaw, or similar is well received and might, hopefully, put people's mind at ease a little.

In general I think that the paranormal community would be well served by people watching the debunking of paranormal videos, it's a useful tool for spotting the tricks that con artists use. I'd also be happy to call round, if anyone thinks their house might be haunted and would like a sceptical opinion.

Rasmus wrote: »
    ''We dont know the people who owned the house before or where they are now. We dont care anyway. They more than likely are not going to give us our money back.''
    That's funny - why would it even occur to someone that there is a possibility of getting money back on a house that may be haunted, or for any reason for that matter! In any case, anyone that has bought a house before knows the names of the seller! It is on the contract.
    I could be wrong here but I seem to recall that one is obliged to disclose any problems with a property before selling, such as if it's prone to flooding or dry rot. Perhaps OP should check if areas of anti-gravity, furniture-breaking poltergeists, and a portal to hell are covered under this disclosure rule as they may be entitled to their money back in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

kylith wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but I seem to recall that one is obliged to disclose any problems with a property before selling, such as if it's prone to flooding or dry rot. Perhaps OP should check if areas of anti-gravity, furniture-breaking poltergeists, and a portal to hell are covered under this disclosure rule as they may be entitled to their money back in that case.

While you make some good points, there was no mention of anti-gravity or portal to hell by the OP,

you were doing a good job till you let your imagination run away with you, it looks like it can happen to almost anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

at 4am a woman sits down to write a coherant email that would have taken 10 mins plus to write after having such a terrifying experience. All the while know that she was moving out and not going back. She was able to sit down and write this email for boards. I don't think so. What about her clothes etc did she have less to get ready than her husband ? that would be a first.

While you make some good points, there was no mention of anti-gravity or portal to hell by the OP,

you were doing a good job till you let your imagination run away with you, it looks like it can happen to almost anyone.
    Well, I inferred the anti-gravity because of the perfume bottle apparently breaking on the ceiling.

I'll admit that the portal to hell was a bit of embellishment on my part, but who knows - the coffee table being broken could have been part of the ceremony to open the portal, and the nosebleeds... well, what's a portal opening without a blood sacrifice? If you didn't have a blood sacrifice all the demons will laugh at you, and you'll never get invited to any of the really good hellraisings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Maudi wrote: »

Maudi, so someone comes on boards (on what attempts to be a serious category) and comes up with what is clearly in my opinion, pure fantasy, dragging people in expecting tea and sympathy. Call it as one sees it.
    ok ok..i just tend to take people at face value until i absolutely know the truth..ive had a few unexplainable episodes myself so i cant help being sympathetic and drawn in...if it is all fake.well.. its out of order and not funny..until i have proof i just cant be as cynical as some..

Of course its fake. It was well written at the start but the story picked up pace too quickly so she had to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

It was well written, but very clichéd, especially at the end, like your bog standard horror movie, with the whole ''I'm leaving here forever when the taxi comes'' talk.

But well done OP, your thread is still going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Up to the end of the story I was thinking it was a cheeky husband coming home from the pub; leaving on appliances, pulling down curtains, forgetting to turn off the tap, knocking things off the table, and delighted to be able to blame it on a ghost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

TheChizler wrote: »
    Up to the end of the story I was thinking it was a cheeky husband coming home from the pub; leaving on appliances, pulling down curtains, forgetting to turn off the tap, knocking things off the table, and delighted to be able to blame it on a ghost.

"I even found a pair of polkadot panties down the back of the chair!"

"Geez, that ghost is really starting to act weird!..."

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »

I did consider, but had discounted 'Gaslighting' pretty early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Well i recounted the story to my sis as it was happening..... and she says she's having nightmares about it:rolleyes:..... So I'm happy with a position on the fence as far as this story is concerned !:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

Thanks to the people who have PM'd me. I've taken one of them up on their offer. you know who you are.

I'm really surprised at the attitude here to someone who cane here for help and was at the end of their tether, but i suppose thats a lesson learned.

I cant believe how people just make assumptions about my story when I tried to be as honest as possible, but being careful not to identify my house or my family as we really dont want the stigma that has been shown on here in our daily lives either.

The post below was one of the most scathing so i'll just try to answer a couple of the issues the person had. If you dont believe me, i really dont care at this stage, but please do not just make assumptions pulled out of the sky about what I have said.
    I don't think anyone was rude to the OP. On the contrary, a few posters were complimentary on his or her writing style. The fact remains that the story (not the OP) does not appear to be genuine, as things just don't add up.

This can be ascertained by simply reading between the lines:

''My husband says its our imagination, but still wont let me stay alone in the house''
    He then went on a business trip for the week.

Yes, he has to go to work or be fired. So do I.
    ''I've asked a priest family friend to come tomorrow, but things seem to be getting more serious now.''
    A former skeptic, and this is the first thing she does before checking wiring, plumbing, even the history of the house? Who on earth wouldn't be curious?

The plumbing, electrics etc had been checked out before we bought the house.
    ''A bottle of perfume that was on the smashed all over the floor. Hubby said that it just fell off, but then i looked up and it was dripping from the ceiling. It had broken off the ceiling.

I'm getting the priest back
    .''
    Nice timing - a classic style trick in fiction. Suspense, pause, reaction. The OP is almost taking us along on the ride here.

He is a family friend and offered to help when told about the situation by a relative.
    ''When we bought the house i didnt think this could happen in a million years.''
    and ''I used to be very sceptical and laughed at people with stories like mine. Amazing how your outlook changes though when certain things happen
    .''
    A personal note. 'I never thought this would happen to me...but...' tactic.

''Hi, Thanks for the offer. But id be afraid to get a medium in. I want this thing to leave, not talk to it.''
    Yet two days later, a medium comes in with a OUIJA BOARD because OP doesn't want to talk to it?

A quote from a reply to a PM asking me the same question.

"Hi I suppose the reason I had the medium over was that I was convinced by my friend that it would work. I never really wanted a medium, but she pressured me into it. I was weak after things got worse suddenly I guess and was grasping at straws. I really didnt want to talk to any "spirit" tbh, but these things have a way of getting out of hand and dragging you along for the ride.

I only joined boards to see if I could get some help and needed something to occupy me while I was scared in the house on my own. I think boards actually made me feel worse if im honest. I cant deal with the people in that thread anymore.

Hope that answers your question, though i havent thought rationally in a few weeks now.
    Its great though to be out of the house and have decisions made to get on with things away from it."
    ''The priest was up and is gone home now. He told me this time that he was talking to the local PP who told him that he was called out to the house by the people who last lived here.
    He also told him that the owners before them put the house up for sale after the mother died falling down the stairs
    .''
    Really, a gossip-mongering priest?
    Additionally, stairs fatalities tend to appear in the newspaper, and there was one like this in Enniscorthy in 2011 (which could fit the timeline), and the victim had adult children. Seems like the OP could be inspired by true events.

Yes, as I said before I have known this priest since more or less birth and he is trying to help by asking the PP.

We have found out more about the previous and prevoius to that, tenants and owners since and the ones who my husband has spoken to want their story kept private. I will say that we now know the person who died, officially died of a heart attack after falling down the stairs. And it was in the papers, i checked.
    ''My friend is bringing a woman over tonight with a ouija board.
    We're going to get rid of this thing once and for all
    .''
    The change of heart two days later, yet nothing besides whispering seemed to have happened in that timeframe? Even folks who don't know anything about ouija boards or even believe in them, would admit that this is not an effective way to get rid of a spirit. Plus, no medium would use a board - the board is a medium.

Answered in PM previously and quoted above.
    ''i'm really upset now as i write this. ''
    So why did you sign in and start to tell us about it. We would have said, get the F out of there.

''About 4 am we were woken by a loud bang downstairs. We went down and the coffee table in the living room was smashed to pieces.
    Then i noticed my husband had a nosebleed and we heard the whispering again.
    by the time we went back upstairs i had a nosebleed too
    . ''
    This is pretty serious stuff - even before the flour incident! So OP goes onto the computer/phone to report to the boards thread? Violence (coffee table) and physical injury (nosebleeds, possible stairs incident in the past) has occurred. If it was me, I would grab my coat and go - but they stuck around another 5 hours.

''We are leaving now in about ten minute when the taxi arrives and never coming back''
    This may be a stretch, but why do neither of them have a car when they live 'between Gorey and the sea''. It is not known for its great public transport links. Husband has a job, he was away on business, so I don't think not affording a car is an issue.
    Plus she says that ''My husband will be back during the week to pack up everything and put it in storage''.

There can be many reasons you dont have a car. We were without a car for a few weeks.
    It wasnt 4 am that we left if was more like 9:30 qm. And obviously you've never tried to order a taxi in the sticks in the early hours. But by 6:30 it was bright and it was ok to stay with my husband until he got his work stuff ready before we left. My husband was travelling for work in the morning and had to get his stuff ready AND make sure I was safe. Of course I stayed downstairs with all the lights on and the computer and TV on. What else was I going to do to occupy myself.

Well I didnt know their names and certainly dont know what contract its on or where to find it. Someone has since PM'd us from boards with contacts who got us all this info anyway and helped us to contact the people. So thanks to them again.
    I am not saying the OP is lying. I am not saying this story isn't true. However, this does not seem genuine, there are too many gaps in logic, reason and continuity.

Yes you are. You and a couple of others have been very mean to me all through this thread and were not beyond jumping to conclusions which suited any of your ideas about my posts all through. You made up your own things to fit the "gaps in logic, reason and continuity", and thats worse.

And the reason i put "i think" at the end of the thread title.
    i dont know is it a ghost, a demon, a poltergeist or whatever. Is it still called a haunting if its not a ghost but one of the others?

I can tell you that I am not rational, logical or reasonable at the moment. And anyone who would be after what I've been through the last few months would be the same. Over several months, first things start to happen that you pass off as imagination. Slowly they start to gnaw at you that things arent right, and then start escalating, scaring you, then they smack you in the face, going completely against any reasonable explanation an challenging your own sanity. You find out that there is a whole set of circumstances that defy logic, that you would never believe in a hundred years. How would anyone react.

Its all over now anyway, when the house sells quickly, it sells. If not then we can take our time. We bought it cheap, so we can sell cheap. We have decided that we are going to ask the tenants in an investment property we have to leave and move in there ourselves.

But thanks again to those who helped and I really appreciate it. Given the experience I've had in this thread though I think the bad outweighs the good tbh and would not recommend anyone post looking for help on boards.ie. You will get people who can help, who are great, but you will get more grief and heartache form others, so not worth it.

Mannix:

Boards.ie is full of mischief makers and trolls and whatever. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last that someone has posted on boards with a complete tale of fiction.

In all of your posts you ignored requests for further explanation, photos, details etc. And declined offers for a medium to visit.

Now you tell us that you have been helped by PM contacts. Here specifically with:

"Well I didnt know their names and certainly dont know what contract its on or where to find it. Someone has since PM'd us from boards with contacts who got us all this info anyway and helped us to contact the people. So thanks to them again".

Presumably that information was with regard to the previous owners?

I and many other are using Boards.ie to seek truth about the existence of the paranormal, and in doing so are right to evaluate what we have read posted here. Otherwise the search for truth is useless.

With this in mind, I'd like the person who PM'd you to come forward and say "yeah that was me".

I'm not asking for specific information or name, just some sort of verification that that assistance to find the previous owners took place.

Just one item of tangible information to verify what you have said would help. At the moment, we (publically) have none.

I still find it very hard to accept the very specific and violent acitivties that have taken place (bottle on ceiling and cousins broken toe).

@ Other Boards.ie members: How regular an occurence are such activities in Ireland and elswhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mannix80

Mannix:

Boards.ie is full of mischief makers and trolls and whatever. It wouldn't be the first time, or the last that someone has posted on boards with a complete tale of fiction.

In all of your posts you ignored requests for further explanation, photos, details etc. And declined offers for a medium to visit.

Now you tell us that you have been helped by PM contacts. Here specifically with:

"Well I didnt know their names and certainly dont know what contract its on or where to find it. Someone has since PM'd us from boards with contacts who got us all this info anyway and helped us to contact the people. So thanks to them again".

Presumably that information was with regard to the previous owners?

I and many other are using Boards.ie to seek truth about the existence of the paranormal, and in doing so are right to evaluate what we have read posted here. Otherwise the search for truth is useless.

With this in mind, I'd like the person who PM'd you to come forward and say "yeah that was me".

I'm not asking for specific information or name, just some sort of verification that that assistance to find the previous owners took place.

Just one item of tangible information to verify what you have said would help. At the moment, we (publically) have none.

I still find it very hard to accept the very specific and violent acitivties that have taken place (bottle on ceiling and cousins broken toe).

@ Other Boards.ie members: How regular an occurence are such activities in Ireland and elswhere?

i really dont care whether you believe me or not. To my mind you are a thinly veiled bully and will never believe anything, so whats the point in anyone saying they PMd me as it would only divert your targeted bullying at them.
    There was more than one person who pm'd me details of people who could help and through these my husband made contact.
    To the people who PMd me - please do not feel obliged to post here and say you PMd me as i would hate to see you become the target of the bullying going on here. I appreciate the privacy of your PMs to me even if others dont.

These people come on here pretending to be interested, but are only here tp bully people who genuinely want to help others or get help themselves.

Sorry but i refuse to be your victim anymore and will not be answering any posts here again.
    By all means try to bait me back as you dis before, with your assumptions, but it wont work anymore. im deleting my account here now. And if i cant do that im just changing the password to some random keys so that i'll never be able to remember it and come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

It was fun while it lasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

well that was harsh wasnt it ? As far as I can see people here tried to help you , myself included , however having come across such tales before one has to ascertain the validity of them , I dont think anyone was bullying you at all , merely trying to apply logic to the situation , this is the paranormal forum and most folks posting here are at least open to the possibility of such things happening . If anything you will get more sympathy here than anywhere else . I just want to clarify , I myself did not pm the poster or discuss further other than what was written here in the forums .In all my years of studying and gaining knowledge on theres subjects I have never heard of a GENUINE situation similar to the one described by the op .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I still would have given the OP the benefit of the doubt if she/he had given ANY straight answers and didn't pull out the bully card. This simply weakens their credibility and their argument.

If we imagine, for the sake of argument, that the story is true. These forums, paranormal or otherwise, are arenas to allow discussions of public interest. OP signed up to Boards to get answers but they weren't the ones they were looking for.

Perhaps he/she should have clarified in the beginning that they only wanted sympathy or to generate alarm from people on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Closed account:rolleyes:, that says enfough about her story,surely if we did not agree with her story that makes us all bullies if that were the case would the mod not have giving us warnings or worse a ban.i would also add in my pervious post i never said i didnt belive you,i stated that your story didnt add up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I think she made a bit of a point.

Having posted on another thread, some of the responses in there, like here, were offensive to mickey taking to a bit verbally abusive and I am surprised there isnt more modding on here.

If the story is true, and I dont see why it couldnt be - this is the paranormal forum, am not going to judge, she doesnt have any answers maybe simply because she doesnt have any.

Its not a nice experience to have something happen you cant explain, try explain it, and then get villified for it or be called a troll for it (see the thread "Strange Creatures"-same thing happened in there-bit of a pattern in this forum called "Paranormal".

I can understand why she wants to close her account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement