Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice. Haunting - I think.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭skepticalone

I actually dont understand at all why anyone would close their account just because they have been asked to substanciate their claims of haunting , indeed is this not the paranormal forum ? where you might be lucky enough to find people who can actually HELP , .... why go on the defensive? surely folk here have been sympathetic until too many things dont add up and then we can only conclude that the whole thing is a piss take ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

..where do you start with this one? I guess we'll just have to keep looking and asking questions to establish the truth.

I'll let The Fall have my last words on this. Thank you and good night.

http://youtu.be/180Sq7zMmWc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I dont think she came on here to substanciate her claim - that roll was started here.

Think she came on here to get help/voice out what had happened, like most do. She sounded like she was in shock and then a bit overwhelmed by the responses in here.

How could she substanciate what she claimed anyways? What would be the best possible response that she could give?

I think what she was trying to explain was unexplainable, so how was she supposed to explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

dellas1979 wrote: »
    How could she substanciate what she claimed anyways? What would be the best possible response that she could give?

Audio recordings of the whispering. Video of the taps turning on.
    Photographs of the broken table, torn curtains et cetera. Names and contact details of the priest, medium, et al.

Tis pretty easy really.

But she said there was nothing on the recordings when they did do that!

And anyways, if I was as terrified as she claimed she was, Id be out of there in a shot also. I wouldnt care to prove the claims.

Maybe you would. She didnt.

And I doubt anyone would give out the information/details that ye were looking for! Youre not allowed to do that on these forums. And she did offer for anyone to PM her.

Just think it was unreasonable that someone with an interesting story was, in my eyes anyways, forced to backout of using the forum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

But she said there was nothing on the recordings when they did do that!

And anyways, if I was as terrified as she claimed she was, Id be out of there in a shot also. I wouldnt care to prove the claims.

Maybe you would. She didnt.

And I doubt anyone would give out the information/details that ye were looking for! Youre not allowed to do that on these forums. And she did offer for anyone to PM her.

Just think it was unreasonable that someone with an interesting story was, in my eyes anyways, forced to backout of using the forum!

Nobody forced her from boards.ie. If other posters were bullying her like she claimed she should have reported them to a mod. I think the criticism of her story was perfectly valid. I don't really care if the OP was making the story up or not tbh. And I'm not going to comment on her motivation. I was actually surprised by the amount of sympathy she received and the fact that fewer people offered more mundane natural explanations/solutions before jumping to conclusions

Not saying I believe her or not, but on other forums they seem to be controlled a little better. It shouldnt have gone that far! She shouldnt have to report posts all the time.

Was the butt end of similar comments myself, and just left the thread. But I use other forums here so I wouldnt delete my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

We'll the invite is still there for the Boards.ie member(s) to come forward and say

"Yes, that was me that helped Mannix locate the previous owners".

What are the chances?

"Someone has since PM'd us from boards with contacts who got us all this info anyway and helped us to contact the people. So thanks to them again".

Well, maybe they are thinking that ye'll turn on them also! (thats what I would be thinking anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Well, maybe they are thinking that ye'll turn on them also! (thats what I would be thinking anyways).

Hrm, asking for someone to satisfy a craving for further information and any form of evidence is apparently turning on someone now...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 kyia

Totally agree with you dellas1979.

I did pm mannix offering help as i am from the general area, i havent received a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Okay OP has closed the account. It was an interesting thread but I think it has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement