Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death of an 11 year old in Tullamore

• 16-09-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Very Sad story in the news today.

Story From The Journal:

GARDAÍ INVESTIGATING the discovery of the body of an 11-year-old girl at her home in Tullamore last night have said that both the girl and her mother were found unconscious in the house.
    A post mortem is due to get underway this afternoon on the body of the child, which was found just after 9pm at the Bachelor’s Walk/New Road area of the Co. Offaly town.
    Gardaí have said that all aspects of the case are being investigated, and that they’re not looking to speak to anyone else in connection with the death of the child.
    Her mother, who is in her fifties, is being treated in the intensive care unit of the Midlands Regional Hospital.

Hope this does not turn out to be like the recent story in cork.. I cried for a day after that one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

with the mother on conscience.

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Think she meant unconcious,no need to be pedantic about spelling etc. when another child is dead.

@ op- link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

with the mother on conscience.

Huh?

unconscious damn iPhone

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I think the OP meant that the mother of the dead child was found unconscious. Very sad story.:(

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0916/breaking37.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

zerks wrote: »
    Think she meant unconcious,no need to be pedantic about spelling etc. when another child is dead.

Please don't start the usual rush to the bottom to see who can show the most moral outrage in these threads. I had no idea what on conscience meant either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

unconscious damn iPhone

Just updated my op. Sorry bout the mistake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Hope this does not turn out to be like the recent story in cork.. I cried for a day after that one.

Were you related to them or friends with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is happening too often

RIP

Is it not a bit too soon to jump to any conclusions until after the post mortem of the child? For all we know, they could have been unconscious because of carbon monoxide poisoning, so saying "this happens too often", is jumping the gun a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Another dead child in questionable circumstances. Very very sad indeed. Sympathy to the child's family that have to grieve this loss :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There must be at least 20 bodies found in the few weeks, murdered accidental or drug overdoze must be record very sad.

Her mother is a doctor i think, not that it really matters

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is it not a bit too soon to jump to any conclusions until after the post mortem of the child? For all we know, they could have been unconscious because of carbon monoxide poisoning, so saying "this happens too often", is jumping the gun a little.
    My first thought was carbon monoxide myself, though nothing is said in the article.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

RIP to the child. I have no idea what happened and it does not matter my thoughts are with her family. Hope the child's mother is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Just on 2fm news - tests inconclusive. Further toxicology tests needed. Mother in intensive care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's the point in threads like this? Nothing has been made known about what happened so there isn't very much to be discussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

What's the point in threads like this? Nothing has been made known about what happened so there isn't very much to be discussed.

Agreed, the details are very scarce, there's nothing to discuss without jumping to conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Patholgist's initial report inconclusive. RIP little girl, some very sad stories on the news today:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Maggie 2

May she Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

LizT wrote: »
    Fine people for attempting to commit suicide? Are you serious?

How about instead of trying to punish people who suffer from mental health issues, we try to provide support and treatment?

:rolleyes: I wasn't being serious but it wouldn't surprise me when you see some of the stuff our idiot government are up to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Lot of people in midlands know what happened, is getting to be common knowledge, very sad at end of a day a child has still died.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tibet84

Steven81 wrote: »
    Lot of people in midlands know what happened, is getting to be common knowledge, very sad at end of a day a child has still died.

The Post Mortem has proven to be inconclusive? How everyone knows what happened when the Gardai dont is beyond me? Unfortunately, unless you are directly affected by this event, it seems to be ok to gossip etc.

There has been no conclusion as to what happened here Steven so please don't go there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

In the absence of any further news we will leave this thread, at least until further information develops.

A number of comments removed. And some comments quoting comments. PM for clarification.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement