Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90 day tourist visa

Options
  • 16-09-2012 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Can anyone tell me if I go to the USA on the 90 day tourist visa at the end of october, stay there until mid december and return to Ireland for christmas if I return in mid january (I have a 50th birthday to attend there), will I be on a new 90 day visa or will I be deemed to be overstaying the original 90 day one?

Thanks in advance....this visa stuff is quite cloudy, it seems like a lot of it is down to the immigration people`s opinion as you travel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It will be a new entry.

They may ask questions as to why you are returning so soon, and admission is always at their discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rover600

Thanks Buffybot..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Sounds like the first visit will be for about 6 weeks, then a month back in Ireland, so you will likely be given the full 90 days on your second trip. There is a chance they will give you the remainder of the 90 days, ie another 6 weeks or so, especially if you've had other visits to the USA in the last year- like BuffyBot says, it is up to the immigration officer at the airport.

FYI- the 90 days visits for Irish citizens is not a tourist visa, it is the visa waiver program.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rover600

Thanks for replying Silja

Advertisement