Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your video game regrets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I adored MGS4 and loved the final boss battle :o.
    "LIQUUUUID! SNAAAAKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Not getting Arma 3 sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

biggest regret?

Diablo 3.

Total of 6,311 hours.

I quit few months back, and made sure I can't return! my god... what a time sink...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

biggest regret?

Diablo 3.

Total of 6,311 hours.

I quit few months back, and made sure I can't return! my god... what a time sink...

That's....a...lot.

I started it, but I'm only about lvl 16 on my first character, but I'm not finding that it sucks me in. It's good, but I can't see myself replaying it once I finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Biggest regret is Excalibur 2555 AD, a truly awful game. I was young and stupid, I foolishly thought it would be something to rival Tomb Raider. Oh how wrong I was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

biggest regret?

Diablo 3.

Total of 6,311 hours.

That's nearly 263 full days. Jaaaaaysus…

That's nearly 263 full days. Jaaaaaysus…

yep....

started day 1, finished a few months back.

quitting is the best thing i've done!
    fiancée loves me again... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

yep....

started day 1, finished a few months back.

quitting is the best thing i've done!
    fiancée loves me again... :rolleyes:

Didn't you make a rake of money off the RMAH as well though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

No Man's Sky.

Think its the only game I feel ripped off buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Sid Meier's Civilization : Beyond Earth . awful game and it was expensive . loved civ 5 but hated this . looking forward to Civ 6 out soon

Battlefield Hardline . was an ok game but faded very fast

Star wars Battlefront . died very fast after release

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've been pretty disappointed with the EA scheme on the XB1
    Sports games I've no interest in playing and a handful of older games that cost less than a tenner a head in CEX, so I think I'll be unsubscribing.
    And to think it was seen as some great disaster for Sony that they didn't get a similar scheme on the PS4, the PS+ is far better, and you only pay the once, as opposed to paying for Xbox Live Gold and EA Vault, or whatever it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sid Meier's Civilization : Beyond Earth . awful game and it was expensive . loved civ 5 but hated this . looking forward to Civ 6 out soon

Battlefield Hardline . was an ok game but faded very fast

Star wars Battlefront . died very fast after release

Agreed about battlefront. But i quite enjoyed Beyond Earth.

Looking forward to some VI and watch Gandhi go nuclear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shouldn't regret putting a lot of hours into a game. If it's a game you enjoyed then they where hours well spent in my opinion. Unless you didn't enjoy the time spent playing, then your an idiot.

Didn't you make a rake of money off the RMAH as well though?

paid my rent for 8 months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

Pre ordered the GT5 collectors edition which was not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That I have wasted, and continue to waste hours playing Destiny... and I cannot for the life of me put it away or delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Buying Rise of the Robots back in the day... not much more to say there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

3ds on launch, had nothing to play, was too small for my hands so I sold it in to cex for nothing a year later.

Funnily enough I now want to buy the new 3ds xl :D fml

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Amiga 32bit. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

No mans sky.
    An infinite universe of tedious boredom await's to be discovered.
    Should have been the tagine for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    No mans sky.
    An infinite universe of tedious boredom await's to be discovered.
    Should have been the tagine for the game.

You have watched the 'Honest Trailer' for this game right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Glico Man wrote: »
    That I have wasted, and continue to waste hours playing Destiny... and I cannot for the life of me put it away or delete it.

A hundred times this.

I played for countless hours doing the same crap instances and tedious quests repeatedly but the thing that broke me was one occasion that me and my buddies were doing a raid and me and another guy keep dying on a terrible jumping puzzle bit.

I realized that I had an iron grip on the controller and I was gritting my teeth in utter fury. I fell to my death one last time and just said "sorry guys, I'm done" over party chat and took out the disc, uninstalled the game and turned off the console. It just hit me all at once that I hadn't really enjoyed the game for months and yet I played for at least 3 hours most days with longer sessions on my days off work.

It's a really cynically designed game that is basically like the worst F2P garbage imaginable sans micro transactions. It's so basic and light on content that you can barely class it as an MMO. All the new content they released was pathetic and not much actually got released anyway. I've played most of the major MMOs over the past decade and they were all more enjoyable than Destiny.

Traded it in that same day for less than a tenner and I was just glad to be rid of it. Horrible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

R type on the C64. You had to reload every time you died.

Still leaves a scar to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

A digital purchase of Watchdogs on PS4. Played 20 mins of it and haven't looked at it since. At least I could have used the hard copy as a frisbee or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

A digital purchase of Watchdogs on PS4. Played 20 mins of it and haven't looked at it since. At least I could have used the hard copy as a frisbee or something.

I loved the ability to eject yourself from the vehicle while travelling at high speeds. Even more fun when you fat finger during a high speed chase. /sarcasm

Even using it as a frisbee, you are not missing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Rainbow Six on the PS1.

It was a pretty lean Christmas in the Pickpocket household that year and that was my only present.

I was about 14 at the time and I had to play it all day long so my poor, stone-broke mother felt that she'd done her duty.

Hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Rainbow Six on the PS1.

It was a pretty lean Christmas in the Pickpocket household that year and that was my only present.

I was about 14 at the time and I had to play it all day long so my poor, stone-broke mother felt that she'd done her duty.

Hell.

Fair play to you,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

20 minutes, fair play, I barely lasted 10 minutes before i died of boredom, took out the disc and have never played it since.... most over-rated piece of crap i ever had the misfortune to purchase... i knew within 3 minutes this was a pile of crap. People laugh when they talk about the downgrade in graphics, I didn't care about that, what I cared about was the game had no atmosphere and had no gameplay, nothing to hook you in within the first few minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Rainbow Six on the PS1.

Hell.

I was out and employed by the time consoles took off in 1990. As a result i was a constant burden on my own bank balance only.
    But I remember my similarly broke parents buying my brother an Atari 2600jr as a present, he put a brave face on it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Wii u. Sold it a few weeks after getting it, Mariokart buzz not quite what it used to be. A battlefield obsession didn't help either

I had a lot of crap consoles as a kid, enjoyed them all though even the 32x

Advertisement