Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your video game regrets.

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Pickpocket wrote:
    I was about 14 at the time and I had to play it all day long so my poor, stone-broke mother felt that she'd done her duty.

Same, but with Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

3ds on launch, had nothing to play, was too small for my hands so I sold it in to cex for nothing a year later.

Funnily enough I now want to buy the new 3ds xl :D fml

Lol. I am on my 4th 3ds.

Bough on launch 3ds - not much to play at all until monster hunter 3 came out. Then traded it in got 3ds xl as my big hands would get tired very fast. Traded that in after.
    I bough new 3ds in March to play mh4. Then bought new 3ds xl ( again ffs), because I did not learned it's too small for me lol. Now I own both. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You know, I'd wiped Watchdogs from memory, it was so spectacularly rubbish and ran like total ass.

Arkham Knight - pre-ordered it from one of the grey market sites so couldn't get the refund. Even when I got a new video card that ran the game properly, I played it through outta spite. I don't know how they managed to make the Batmobile the worst part of the game, but they did. It was 1) the last time I ever pre-ordered anything and 2) the last time I used a grey market reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Oh how could I forget day z. I'd say it 2 years later it's still ****ed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Way back I used to play Flashback ad nauseum on PC CD-ROM through MS-DOS.

I remember a few years later waiting for and getting Fade to Black but not having a good enough PC to run it smoothly. As time passed it fell away into history and by the time I was old enough to work and afford to start building gaming PCs it was but a distant memory.

I never returned to it and I carry that shame with me everywhere I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I threw a Dreamcast with controllers and memory cards and rumble packs and about 20 games including Shenmue and Crazy taxi and many other great games into a skip because the console itself was broken, Years later it stings thinking how silly it was.

I also sold all my SNES games for next to nothing to the bouncer at my local pub to fund my underage smoking and drinking habit.

I have since rebought most of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

IvoryTower wrote: »

If you are talking about standalone, it pretty much got broken even more with each patch but the devs kept listing more and more pie in the sky features that are still "coming soon". Think it is pretty much identical to how it was at launch still.

At one point they released a patch that removed the zombies but as far as I know they put them back since.

The entire thing was SteamEarlyAccess.txt at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Never playing TIE Fighter (loved X-Wing).

I feel so, so sorry for your young self.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

WoW. Played it for 8.5 years, on and off. It is what it is but I was terribly hooked on it.

Almost caused my to drop out of college. When I gave it up, my life instantly got better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

IvoryTower wrote: »

I've been sitting here all relatively smug. No gaming regrets here and then you go and make me remember buying that. Mod=good survival fun. Standalone= broken mess that was unplayable in the towns and cities as FPS tanked. What a waste of money....
    WoW. Played it for 8.5 years, on and off. It is what it is but I was terribly hooked on it.

Almost caused my to drop out of college. When I gave it up, my life instantly got better.

Soooo.... the new X pack is awesome.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement