Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your video game regrets.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well on the wii I've played(and loved)

Twilight princess
    Skyward sword
    Metroid prime 1,2,3
    Mario galaxy 1 and 2
    Smash bros brawl
    Warioware
    Pokemon battle revolution
    Mario kart
    Epic mickey
    Donkey kong country returns
    Sonic colors
    No more heroes

Hardly a regret at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Then why post about it ? This thread is about your regrets....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok this thread is really off topic, back to the misery.

Saying "No, not really!" to my sister.

Question was "Do you use your PS1 much after getting the PS2?" and subsequently she gives it and a ton of my PS1 games to her then boyfriend, honour role of lost soldiers include Grandia, FFVIII + IX, Breath of Fire 3, Vagrant Story plus a few others lost to the mists of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I regret spending a fortune rebuilding my PS1 collection, twice!
    I should never have sold it in the first place, never mind the second!

I also regret every console I have owned, that was current at the time, that I burned off loads of games for, or put them on an SD card.
    It basically ruined my enjoyment of the machines, meaning I had too many games and never played more than a few hours of each, if that.
    This meant that the likes of the DC, PS and DS were not as much fun for me.
    I vow not to do it again, except when a console is well and truly retro and I would have to remortgage the house to pay for the title in question!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Says the guy selling off his turbo grafx collection since he got a TG-16 everdrive :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ok this thread is really off topic, back to the misery.

Saying "No, not really!" to my sister.

Question was "Do you use your PS1 much after getting the PS2?" and subsequently she gives it and a ton of my PS1 games to her then boyfriend, honour role of lost soldiers include Grandia, FFVIII + IX, Breath of Fire 3, Vagrant Story plus a few others lost to the mists of time.

Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

Similar, sort of thing happened to my master system II, but if i'm 100% honest i never loved it all that much.

Did let my Dad give my snes away when ps one was in town, but by some absolute miracle it came back a couple of years later (minus a game or two). A very very lucky escape, considering i held on to the super scope and even the cardboard box all along.

And since someone asked earlier, i do prefer wii to my 360. Really i love them both, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Gamecube: sold my copies of Ikaruga and Skies of Arcadia Legends. You can form an orderly queue over there to horse-whip me for doing that.

I too traded in Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Super Smash Bros Melee.

I also threw out (yes, threw out, quite recently too) a working SNES with a boxed/instructioned PAL copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I also threw out (yes, threw out, quite recently too) a working SNES with a boxed/instructioned PAL copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2.

What the holy hell?? Why would you do that??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I had a copy of MGS3: Subsistence that I got for about 20 quid in Gamestop, lent it to my brother and never saw it again.

Bloody thing goes for €100+ on eBay these days (not that I'd sell it, and I suppose the HD Collection is basically the same thing, but still... :().

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I remember selling my boxed SNES games many years ago for buttons. One of them was sunset riders.

Then I was watching a video recently of some guy reviewing old SNES games which he says sunset riders goes for a pretty penny these days, shocked when I saw the prices of eBay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

You Sir, need professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mods, ban this man from this forum. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The **** is wrong with you...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Ouch! That's gotta hurt.

A very very lucky escape, considering i held on to the super scope and even the cardboard box all along.

Man, I wish I knew what I did with my Scope. I remember having it for a brief amount of time as a kid, the *poof* gone! I know no more about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I had a copy of MGS3: Subsistence that I got for about 20 quid in Gamestop, lent it to my brother and never saw it again.

Bloody thing goes for €100+ on eBay these days (not that I'd sell it, and I suppose the HD Collection is basically the same thing, but still... :().

I have a copy of that. but its pretty much just a collectors item now with the mgs hd collection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I have MGS3:subsistence and the HD collection now. Got Subsistence off a friend at the time... gave him Shadow of the Colossus :(

Love both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Chopper, I reckon the award for worst decision on thread goes to you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Actually now that I think about it, when I was younger I went in and traded my gameboy colour with Pokemon Gold (& Silver too probably) for 40 euro at the time.

After mulling over it and the mother seeing I was disappointed, I decided to go back in and get them back. Still have them at home.

Was a great decision as the amount of times I restarted Pokemon was frightening. :)

Close regret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, I was so sorry I pirated it, the steaming pile of poo that it was :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Playstation 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Selling my old sega genesis and about 20 games.
    Trading in about 20 PS1 games for only enough to buy 2 PS2 games.
    Buying a Wii....

The hell was I thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Playstation 3

Any reason in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I suppose it'd be getting a PS3 at launch too, there was nothing to play on it for a seeming age, so it was relegated to a glorified PS2 with blu-ray tech. When I did finally get some use out of it, it YLOD'd quite sharply. Sony did replace it for free, but I'd given up on it for a while.

I was pretty much living on the Wii, due to its modibility and the amount of less visible game it had, coupled with the Gamecube compatibility, and the PS2, a console in which, by 2009, you could amass a respectable collection for about the price of a decent supper. I didn't even bother taking my PS3 back for a long time. My PS2 is finally antiquated, as my PS3 is backward-compatible. Which, I won't lie, does account for quite a bit of its usage. Mind, it came through as a console in the end. It was also a good lesson in avoiding a console at launch, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

For picking a Megadrive instead of a SNES for Christmas in the early nineties :p

My best mate picked a SNES and I would go over to his and enviously play Super Mario World, Mariokart, Starfox, Lost Vikings etc.

And try to defend 'my' console with BS talk about blast processing etc.

But the reality was clear even then - the SNES was a vastly superior gaming platform with vastly superior games.

1bhf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

quad_red wrote: »
    For picking a Megadrive instead of a SNES for Christmas in the early nineties :p

My best mate picked a SNES and I would go over to his and enviously play Super Mario World, Mariokart, Starfox, Lost Vikings etc.

But the reality was clear even then - the SNES was a vastly superior gaming platform with vastly superior games.

I was given a megadrive in the 90s too, got the 6-in-1 game with streets of rage, shinobi, golden axe on it included with the console. I never regretted it.
    Mind you i had a friend who had a megadrive too. No one had a SNES and those who did have one were outcasts in the class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Super Nintendo was a much better machine in terms of it's library of games but it doesn't change the fact that the Megadrive was a superb machine, don't see how anyone could be disappointed in owning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Super Nintendo was a much better machine in terms of it's library of games but it doesn't change the fact that the Megadrive was a superb machine, don't see how anyone could be disappointed in owning one.

A classic case of the grass always being greener on the other side, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

quad_red wrote: »

I was in a similar situation myself in the early 90s. I had a Mega Drive and my best friend had an SNES. In the end it turned out to be a blessing. We would just swap consoles every now and again so we got the best of both worlds.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It was the iphone vs. android of our times so it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

getting a saturn instead of a PSOne.

Buying far too many strategy guides for games that didn't warrant them. (I still have boxes and boxes of them even from PSone games like TRIII and Driver2)

Not selling games quicker and hanging onto them in the believe that they may one day be worth 'millions' (they wont....) In an era of mass production and the ability to recreate on more modern formats it was a futile exercise. No more collectors editions!

Going portable with the Ds and PSP, I dont like that, love my chair and room, quiet time.

Buying a Wii and getting all excited about it. shame on me..... ;(

Advertisement