Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing specialty wood locally for smoking

Options
  • 16-09-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

After living away for quite a bit i developed a taste for smoked meat so i am in the process of building myself a nice sized smoker but need to find the wood suitable for smoking so just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that sells blocks of like apple wood, maple , oak , hickory or anything along those lines around the city or county some help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

I don't know where you might get it apart from asking maybe a tree surgeon / lumberjack. I was talking before to a guy from the Amish community that own the pertrol station and furniture making place on the Woodstown cross on the way to Dunmore, he was asking me for parts for a smokehouse for meat so call out to the petrol station and im sure they could help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

I know of a Polish fella who smokes his own meat/fish and he got some wood from a place in Westside Business Park - just past the Cleaboy business park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Would smoking meat not be bad for the lungs? :)
    Would love a pack of John Player Ham right about now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Would smoking meat not be bad for the lungs? :)
    Would love a pack of John Player Ham right about now :)

I prefer Venison & Hedges myself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Jubo

pm sent!

• Advertisement
Advertisement