Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenerife

Options
  • 16-09-2012 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have booked flights to go to Tenerife in November for 2-3 weeks. I figured we didn't get a summer here so why not get one there! I've done Bali a few times and been told they're very similar islands....

I am travelling solo, and seeing as I have never been to the island before, I figured it would be good to book into a surf camp. They'll hopefully bring us to the better quality breaks and it always nice surfing with people you get to know.

Does anyone know of any surf camps in Tenerife that cater for intermediate/advanced surfers? I've been surfing for about 12 years, so can hold my own in gnarly enough reefs (indo and parts of europe). I don't really want to book into a camp that starts from the beginning, but rather brings you to good breaks and bestows some knowledge of the island.

p.s. if anyone is going to Tenerife around that time, might see ya there!!!

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Thats the first time I have heard Tenerife compared to Bali .
    maybe,,, both lava type reef breaks anyhow..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭saltrock2007

p.s. i've been to Bali a few times and have experienced the crowds there. Is Tenerife in the same boat r.e. hassling for waves. It probably goes without saying that the 'Americas' spots are crowded, but is it big numbers of small?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭saltrock2007

Evening all,
    One other question about Tenerife. Does anyone know of nice simple accomodation near playas dos americas and up north too. Im looking for somewhere simple and cheap, kind of straw hut esque. Does this exist on the island?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 BabyGoIE

I don't know anything about surfing camps but one thing I recommend to see is el teide. This volcano is great and when you up there you will have such a view. Been there, done that - recommend

Advertisement