Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung hatin' the iPhone 5

Options
  • 16-09-2012 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I see Samsung has begun trollin' and hatin' on the new iPhone 5 with this new ad that they are going to run in American Sunday newspapers. IMO, I think Samsung have done a stupid thing basicly saying "we're scared of this new iPhone 5, but this is why you should buy the S3". It lists out samsung features bloatware on the S3 but not any of the iPhone 5's features e.g. iCloud, Airplay, Larger App store, iOS's ecosystem. And for those american's that havent heard of the new iPhone 5, its basicly letting them know that there is a new one coming out, and thus they're going to start thinking of buying one.

What do you guys/gals think of this new ad?

SAM12172-PrintWSJ10.87x21_copy_610x1179.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

If you are in the Andriod and Samsung camp then this is a great ad, if you are in the Apple camp then it's misleading and lacking information.

If you are in neither, you're probably just smiling at it or not caring.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭marko_polo1234

I was on about Smartstay, S-Beam, Shareshot, Group Cast, Direct Call, Smart Alert, Tilt to Zoom, Palm Swip Capture, Palm Touch Mute Pause, Turn Over To Mute & Shake to Update.

I wasnt talking about hardware, I was obviously talking about the software on the phone.

I have the Nokia Lumia 900 and will be getting the 920, and in my opinion its better than iphone and samsung phones, but thats just me. I just think this is a very poor ad and the sort of marketing that a ten year old would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

2012917131525.jpg

Their not hating...Their just doing field study on features ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If only Nokia made Android phones....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

griffdaddy wrote: »
    If only Nokia made Android phones....

I thank the lord every day they don't.

Fantastic hardware plus fantastic OS is not just Apples thing any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats a good ad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

What would be the cheapest/most bang for buck windows phone? 7.5 would be grand. I have an S3(which I think is the best thing ever) but wouldn't mind checking windows out now (as a back up to my S3) as it seems to get glowing reviews. The last time I used windows mobile was 6.5, and not only was it not user friendly, I'd actually describe it as having user contempt.

• Advertisement

griffdaddy wrote: »
    What would be the cheapest/most bang for buck windows phone? 7.5 would be grand. I have an S3(which I think is the best thing ever) but wouldn't mind checking windows out now (as a back up to my S3) as it seems to get glowing reviews. The last time I used windows mobile was 6.5, and not only was it not user friendly, I'd actually describe it as having user contempt.

Lumia 710 of Amazon. You can pick one up for 99 pound up the north. The only problem is getting some one to unlock it for an acceptable price.

I seen some Lumia 800's for sale in Moore St. Dublin for less than 250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

wow! Thats an excellent price!! :eek:

Advertisement