Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 4S with Meteor - 3G not working

• 16-09-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I purchased an iPhone 4S from meteor 1 week ago. I am on a 24 month contract at €45 per month.

My phone is having an issue in that 3G internet does not work. When I come off a wi-fi network, it appears that there is plenty of 3G coverage (3/4 bars) but email/internet/apps/facebook etc do not work at all. The only solution to this seems to be to restart the phone, which is very annoying as I am in and out of wifi networks all the time.

I have done some investigation into this issue and it appears to be a common issue (with Meteor only at the moment), yet it seems this problem has not been resolved.

As you can imagine, I am not happy to have been sold a product that essentially, does not work. It appears to be known within Meteor (I can provide them with links with posts from Meteor personnel if you'd like) that it exists and not only is the problem still present, but they also knowingly sold me a defective product.

Apparently they're worse than useless on the support forums so who can I mail in Meteor that will actually do something about this? I'm raging

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ZappaMan wrote: »
    I purchased an iPhone 4S from meteor 1 week ago. I am on a 24 month contract at €45 per month.

My phone is having an issue in that 3G internet does not work. When I come off a wi-fi network, it appears that there is plenty of 3G coverage (3/4 bars) but email/internet/apps/facebook etc do not work at all. The only solution to this seems to be to restart the phone, which is very annoying as I am in and out of wifi networks all the time.

I have done some investigation into this issue and it appears to be a common issue (with Meteor only at the moment), yet it seems this problem has not been resolved.

As you can imagine, I am not happy to have been sold a product that essentially, does not work. It appears to be known within Meteor (I can provide them with links with posts from Meteor personnel if you'd like) that it exists and not only is the problem still present, but they also knowingly sold me a defective product.

Apparently they're worse than useless on the support forums so who can I mail in Meteor that will actually do something about this? I'm raging
    try resetting network settings, go to settings>general>reset

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I have this problem constantly, and the only thing that solved it is to do a master reset when out of a wifi zone, hold down the power button and the home button till the phone turns off, wait a couple of seconds, and power it back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Ask Meteor to resend the setting package or whatever it is called. This worked for me a year or so ago. (sorry I don't recall the tech term)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

have a similar issue,

its been ongoing for a few months now,i reported it to meteor,they done nothing,so i reported meteor to ComReg,they now want me to get my handset replaced by apple,even though i got that done back in February along with a sim replacement.

They really dont want to fix it as they say "everything on their end is provisioned correctly"

terrible network!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i have that problem sometimes on emobile, who are essentially the same network. its a network problem, not a phone problem, but it seems to only affect the iphone. If meteor point the finger to apple, correct them immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Op I think it's a network problem, I'm with meteor for around a year now (on an iphone 4) and the last few days its been all over the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

I've had this issue since I got my 4S last year, though it hasn't been happening as much as it used to. Moving to meteor was a huge mistake. I'm jumping ship to another network as soon as I can.

I got nowhere with their support team... All they suggest is to download the latest iOS, check network settings etc. Replacing the phone/sim does nothing. Meteor are aware of the problem, but actively ignore it. They claim it is being investigated, but that is the last you hear from them. They just keep up this crap until you get fed up and leave them alone.

On top of the 3G only working half the time, It is deseprately slow and most of the time there is only an Edge connection available! Bad show Meteor! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I had that problem too. A new sim sorted it. But It was my 3rd at that stage.

There not providing the service you signed up for. So you don't have to honour the contract. There not. Give the phone back. get an iPhone 5 from another network :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I think it's a case meteor doing what three have/are doing, flooding their network with new customers and not upgrading..

Advertisement