Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel 4 - 26/09/12 | Drugs Live : The Ecstasy Trial!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

df1985 wrote: »
    Im dying to go out now :P

Any yokes on ya??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This fella is wreckin' me buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Manc-Red wrote: »
    Not necessarily, think these are getting 85mg, I'm not sure what the average E dosage is though

Good pills would be over the 100mark, but for their first time it would be more than enough (or so i've heard)

Most pills you buy here would have far less than 85mg. They did get about twice the normal dose.

Jesus I've had some bad times on it, used to take it in work. Eyes like dinner plates, weird stuff going through my head....9 times out of ten I felt great though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've never seen anyone get violent on MDMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Any yokes on ya??

at exactly this time 7 days ago I was in ibiza town having drinks before Pacha - home friday and downer since...this programme has cheered me right back up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,605 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yer man saying e makes people aggressive? I I wonder how aggressive Phil the army guy gets after 12 pints...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

It's actually nice to see this being done in such a pragmatic way without prejudice. If this was the RTE we'd have a panel of sixty year old guards and quango employees giving it the "drugs are bad, m'kay" with an audience of Joe Duffy callers.

mauzo wrote: »
    Most pills you buy here would have far less than 85mg. They did get about twice the normal dose.

I dont know about that, since the head shop's closed and decent pills came back on the market there have been a good few around that are well above the 100mg mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I say there getting pure MDMA not just bought off the street.

Sorry, I got mixed up between MDMA and THC, I have never taken MDMA I have had negative effects on THC , similar in the way they work in the brain.

But as said depends on your mood when you are taking it.

Akrasia wrote: »
    Yer man saying e makes people aggressive? I I wonder how aggressive Phil the army guy gets after 12 pints...

He looks as if he's gonna go off on one any minute!

• Advertisement

df1985 wrote: »
    at exactly this time 7 days ago I was in ibiza town having drinks before Pacha - home friday and downer since...this programme has cheered me right back up :D

Nice, hope you went bopping in Space?? Amazing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

That sound girl is on the e for sure the speed of her !

Is that Will from the Inbetweeners ?

Head on Shabs

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Shabz! lol.

Junglist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Shabs=sham

Shabz in a Jocker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I'd find it hilarious if it turned out to be some massive Placebo experiment:P

These lads are about to have a 3some I just know it.

Bet they bum drop their yokes

Gettn cozy on the bed there lads...

• Advertisement

3 hipster douchebags in a bed.

This drug just went down in my estimation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Pete Doherty head in the middle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

3 hipster douchebags in a bed.

This drug just went down in my estimation

Being a dickheads cool

Pete Doherty head in the middle! :D

w/ Tiesto testes

I think at looking at Shabz's teeth there, I think that he likes to chase a dragon or two too....

Was he 10 during the manchester scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Nice, hope you went bopping in Space?? Amazing:D

twice! :D

Well... All in All..... That was Shi*e

I think at looking at Shabz's teeth there, I think that he likes to chase a dragon or two too....

his ADD is probs so bad by now he "aint got time" for a toothbrush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

What an utter shambles that was. Were the production team all on yippers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Was he 10 during the manchester scene?

Don't believe that lad was in the Hacienda back in the day.Probably seen Graham Park at a reunion night and decided he was part of the scene. Him and Tony Wilson were solid :rolleyes:

Would love to see Shabs and Big Phil force fed a load and locked in a room for the night:D

I already knew it can leave a person in a long slump afterward, due to using too much serotonin in too short a space of time but not on a par with a meth bender!! that surprised me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I already knew it can leave a person in a long slump afterward, due to using too much serotonin in too short a space of time but not on a par with a meth bender!! that surprised me.

What goes up :D

Must come down :(

I wonder if the folk who took it to escape their depression realized it would leave em even lower than they'd previously thought possible

I wonder if the folk who took it to escape their depression realized it would leave em even lower than they'd previously thought possible

Most anti-depression drugs do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Up next on channel 4 come down with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

I'm sorry, what??

Well, this is it really I mean what other youth scene revolves around veritable prescription tablets?! Sad, sad scene that that seemingly gobbled everyone up hmmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm sorry, what??

If a person comes off anti depressants they can barrel our terribly. They're a drug for life for a lot of people, and very questionable/variable in efficacy and side effect.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, what??

scar tissue that I wish you saw

Well not always scar like the guy I know who was left dulled for life but like a wound, which heals in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Professor Nutt
    The shrink

*snigger*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

scar tissue that I wish you saw

Well not always scar like the guy I know who was left dulled for life but like a wound, which heals in time.

Is that a Madonna track?

Anti depressants are horrible to come off. The nightmares, nausea, dizzy spells, 'brain shocks'...and thats just the physical effects!

This cant be much worse surely?

BTW folk need to remember E gave rise to rave, which created scangers so they did it before it became the soundtrack to, well.. life in general so they are the Hipsters that are possibly, actually now avoiding you. Culture shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Surprised none of the test subjects mentioned the waves of tingling and goosebumps when coming up or the other side of the coin of trying to take a piss and it feeling like you had a lasso pulled tight around your cock :D

Was just waiting for one of them to rave about the colours of the corridor. Twas the New Scientist Editor that delivered.

Haven't done any myself for about 15 years but it made me feel all nostalgic :D The only thing stopping me trying to get hold of some for the weekend is the memory of the comedowns. While I only noticed up/downs to midweek after my first few in the beginning, after I got used to them the down feeling would last no longer than a hangover. ie. Felt a bit sh!t the next day but fine the day after. No the worst part of the comedown for me was in the wee hours after a night out. Just a horrible pissed off feeling that would last for a couple of hours till I managed to get to sleep. Oh how I hated the lads who could fall asleep in the Taxi on the way home and sleep through the worst of it.

I'd be consider an absolute lightweight by most users. 1 yoke a night and usually only 1 night at the weekend. Rarely 2 nights in a row and only once at a house party did I do 4 in one night. Have a feeling 1 or 2 of those were very expensive anadins though :D Did them for about 18 months 96/97 IIRC. If someone had of shown me how to avoid the comedowns I'd likely still be doing the things now.

Ah the Memories! :D

As the women who went in for the test said it's a good thing to take ourselves out of our ridgid ways once in a while and ecstasy is not a million miles from acid in my experience..

just the names not suggestive of the potential pitfalls and a bit girly for what I believe is a scene for girls a type of girl gym if you imagine metal more male orientated and every piece highly unlikely to sound like the same barby girl beat. and I think it gave wind to truly girly men

Just bear with wee willy n I will have manhood rockin to the moon again... Trying to reinstate this thing

As the women who went in for the test said it's a good thing to take ourselves out of our ridgid ways once in a while and ecstasy is not a million miles from acid in my experience..

just the names not suggestive of the potential pitfalls and a bit girly for what I believe is a scene for girls a type of girl gym if you imagine metal more male orientated and every piece not highly unlikely to sound like the same barby girl beat. and I think it have wind to truly girly men

Just bear with wee willy n I will have manhood rockin to the moon again... Trying to reinstate this thing

YOu lost me after 'acid'

no really, you did =p

YOu lost me after 'acid'

no really, you did [SIZE="1"]=p[/SIZE]

see.. I'm coaxing the bollix out if you already. Was tucked up in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

YOu lost me after 'acid'

no really, you did =p

I think what you meant to say was "He lost us after the acid" :D You can explain your post to us tomorrow Willy. ;):D

Advertisement