Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel 4 - 26/09/12 | Drugs Live : The Ecstasy Trial!!

124»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

fine.. but I reckon you lost the run of yourselves after the unexpected hallucinogen that is 'Ecstasy' anyhow. I smelt a rat soon as I saw sweaty young hardmen massaging each other and hugging, quite the contrast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Calibos wrote: »
    Surprised none of the test subjects mentioned the waves of tingling and goosebumps when coming up or the other side of the coin of trying to take a piss and it feeling like you had a lasso pulled tight around your cock :D

Was just waiting for one of them to rave about the colours of the corridor. Twas the New Scientist Editor that delivered.

Haven't done any myself for about 15 years but it made me feel all nostalgic :D The only thing stopping me trying to get hold of some for the weekend is the memory of the comedowns. While I only noticed up/downs to midweek after my first few in the beginning, after I got used to them the down feeling would last no longer than a hangover. ie. Felt a bit sh!t the next day but fine the day after. No the worst part of the comedown for me was in the wee hours after a night out. Just a horrible pissed off feeling that would last for a couple of hours till I managed to get to sleep. Oh how I hated the lads who could fall asleep in the Taxi on the way home and sleep through the worst of it.

I'd be consider an absolute lightweight by most users. 1 yoke a night and usually only 1 night at the weekend. Rarely 2 nights in a row and only once at a house party did I do 4 in one night. Have a feeling 1 or 2 of those were very expensive anadins though :D Did them for about 18 months 96/97 IIRC. If someone had of shown me how to avoid the comedowns I'd likely still be doing the things now.

Ah the Memories! :D

A hump load of weed/hash, lots of d10s, plenty of coca cola or orange juice, sip away on any alcohol, sex if you can, and a zanax, the more of these you have for your comedown the better, if you have all of these and no work comedowns can be somewhat neutralised.

A bad comedown is as bad as it is possible to feel, wouldn't touch a pill for a million euro nowadays...

...unless I was demented drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone know if this programme can be viewed on 4OD outside of the UK? I'm in Korea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'm sorry, what??

Same principle as an ecstasy comedown. Artificially raising levels of serotonin/dopamine/etc... means your body produces less of these chemicals itself to compensate. Basic homeostatic regulation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

This on 4od yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

The panel were so right last night. I have friends I've known since the mid to late 90's that we would all bang together. People I used to get drunk with even longer before, don't seem to even come in to that particular equation, because for some reason, there is no connection there but mere nostalgia. I genuinely do not know why, the people I took yokes with, I talk to, to this day and we'll always go out of our way to say hello to each other. As much as a lot of people with little or zero experience of taking MDMA with people, will comment here.

You can not justify with any reasonable grounds, why people develop a connection during "that a particular part of their lives", unless you have experienced the happiness and Euphoria surrounded by this substance". And I like to think I'm a functioning, normal person, contirbuting to life and society?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rowz

when you get to a certain age you do think,what the f***,is all the fuss is about? drugs will never go away.Likewise attitude to prostitution,same old ****!
    How much money is spent on achieving any results regarding the abolition of either? Billions!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I would have liked to come up just as Jon Snow opened that giant brain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

fine.. but I reckon you lost the run of yourselves after the unexpected hallucinogen that is 'Ecstasy' anyhow. I smelt a rat soon as I saw sweaty young hardmen massaging each other and hugging, quite the contrast
    This is you, trying to get around a forum ban, isn't it?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=474655

Consecutive strings of inane ramblings any time the topic of MDMA or electronic music comes up is quite the giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

df1985 wrote: »
    7 days in ibiza and no comedown?? knew what i was doing and what would happen. if theres a way to avoid it im all ears.

5-htp is your friend buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

The panel were so right last night. I have friends I've known since the mid to late 90's that we would all bang together. People I used to get drunk with even longer before, don't seem to even come in to that particular equation, because for some reason, there is no connection there but mere nostalgia. I genuinely do not know why, the people I took yokes with, I talk to, to this day and we'll always go out of our way to say hello to each other. As much as a lot of people with little or zero experience of taking MDMA with people, will comment here.

You can not justify with any reasonable grounds, why people develop a connection during "that a particular part of their lives", unless you have experienced the happiness and Euphoria surrounded by this substance". And I like to think I'm a functioning, normal person, contirbuting to life and society?!?!

Well In fairness the chemical sturcture of ecstasy stimulates the release of well being and bonding hormones so its not a mystery or anything particularly mystical.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well In fairness the chemical sturcture of ecstasy stimulates the release of well being and bonding hormones so its not a mystery or anything particularly mystical.

Well then sir, I call that "chemical bonding" something unique, something that I never had held with someone I was knocking back tequilla shots with. If I was giving the opportunity to decide, I would without a single doubt, choose the friends I took MDMA with, over the people I got pissed with. I have more vivid and clear, not to mention a great sense of if not exceptional sense of friendship with. And believe me, if a synthetic or natural drug can offer me that, then I will not always take sides with the substance that can offer such happiness!

Well then sir, I call that "chemical bonding" something unique, something that I never had held with someone I was knocking back tequilla shots with. If I was giving the opportunity to decide, I would without a single doubt, choose the friends I took MDMA with, over the people I got pissed with. I have more vivid and clear, not to mention a great sense of if not exceptional sense of friendship with. And believe me, if a synthetic or natural drug can offer me that, then I will not always take sides with the substance that can offer such happiness!

Hey Im not dissing your experiences Im just saying its not surprising. I dont think ectasy should be illegal and I have no problems with people who take it. It would be something I would personally take every weekend though.

Hey Im not dissing your experiences Im just saying its not surprising. I dont think ectasy should be illegal and I have no problems with people who take it. It would be something I would personally take every weekend though.

My apologies, If I've been lost in translation. I understand.

My apologies, If I've been lost in translation. I understand.

I could have made it clearer in fairness.

I could have made it clearer in fairness.

No worries, alls good in the world :)

No worries, alls good in the world :)

xxx bud :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i need to find that therapist :p

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

that bloke was stubborn as a mule, who did he think he was kidding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

delad wrote: »
    that bloke was stubborn as a mule, who did he think he was kidding

Who? The ex MP in terms of not letting himself go emotionally all the while he was definitely coming up physically?

Or the weasel faced anti MDMA expert. It's interesting that the Pro experts seemed to be more open empathic easy going naturally while the anti experts looked like closed reserved dry sh1tes naturally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mssomeone

How come Eoghan Harris got flown into C4 to appear as Professor David Nutt, live on "The Ecstasy Trial" seemingly to proselytize the benefits of E or mmda. Very surprised to witness our almost :)lovable national crank, Eoghan Harris, transform into a benign old science professor from Imperial College with a unashamed soft spot for psychedelic drugs. Good man!!!

Advertisement