Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Fabric

Options
  • 16-09-2012 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for any shops in the city that sells fabric, particularly faux leather and other durable fabrics. I was out in Hickeys today but found that they hadn't got a great selection. If anyone knows somewhere that might be worth a look it'd be really helpful, even some re-upholstery places that may be willing to sell wholesale. I'm not looking for large quantities but small sections in varying colours and patterns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

There are two fabric shops up around newgate street. They are small but I think they are the only ones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

There's one on the Mayors Walk and one on Barrack St and there's Guiney's.

Out of those, I'd say Hickeys have the best range of faux leather. For fashion PU, try http://murphysheehy.com
    but it could cost you! The stuff most places have are usually more upholstery fabric.

I'm looking for canvas, haven't tried the shops above yet but Hickeys and Guiney's dont have it.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    There's one on the Mayors Walk and one on Barrack St and there's Guiney's.

Out of those, I'd say Hickeys have the best range of faux leather. For fashion PU, try http://murphysheehy.com
    but it could cost you! The stuff most places have are usually more upholstery fabric.

I'm looking for canvas, haven't tried the shops above yet but Hickeys and Guiney's dont have it.

I never thought of guineys! Is there much of a selection and is it cheap/expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Guineys is great for fabrics, I love the new crafts section in hickeys.

I get some supplies from a woman called Brenda bergin in the city, she does leather too, her company is sunflower touch supply,she's got a website and facebook and will reply to emails or messages on it.

I find the small fabric shops in Waterford very expensive and not a great variety. Ive heard of a one in clonmel that's supposed to be fantastic.

i must have a look in guineys so thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Thanks for all the great suggestions guys. Will be having a good shop around!

Advertisement