Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redundancy payment not come 2 years later

• 16-09-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi new on here and could not find out much searching online regards my problem.

Short story,I was let go sept 2010 as company went into liquidation on the Friday without any sort of notice.Was handed whatever forms they said we needed to claim redundancy and told go to social welfare and they would sort it out.Done that and started claiming Jobseekers benefit thinking everything was rosy and i would be back into work soon enough and have a nice few quid come summer time with the redundancy on the way.

So summer came and went never heard a thing about redundancy i thought was a bit strange,went to Citizens advice Oct 2011 and they did not know a whole lot other than to apply to Employment appeals tribunal which we did. After this i had a friend who's brother is an Accountant and he got somewhere after a bit of digging and found out the company who let me go had not got a liquidator in and pulled the oldest scam in the book as he called it. They had basically not sent whatever forms they had belonging to me into the Social welfare and no claims were made.

So he done a bit more and i got whatever forms i had given to SW and he applied for the money again even though it was now over a year since i had been let go. Then May 2012 i got letter from Employment appeals saying they had sent a letter to owner's of the company asking about the payment and said they would be in touch and gave me referral number for correspondance. That is the last i've heard.

My question is has anybody ever had such a problem or can anybody tell me where to go?? Nobody in the SW want to know and i dont know where else to go.

Does everybody think i'm up ****creek wthout a paddle?

Thanks for reading.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Redundant dude

Anybody have a similar situation or even an opinion??:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think you've most probably been right-royally screwed over.

Maybe you could visit Citizens Information, and see if they have any suggestions.

But I wouldn't hold out much hope.

It raises an interesting question though, that maybe someone can answer for the sake of other people in future: what paperwork should other people look for if any employer tells them that the company is in liquidation, so they're now redundant. How you know that the boss isn't lying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Get in contact with FLAC - this might just need the involvement of a nice employment solicitor to push it along. If the company has been dissolved I'm pretty sure you can claim from the social welfare. I know many from GAME Group did - after sitting in to get the forms and them to appoint a receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Redundant dude

Just to update this,I had an employment appeals meeting a few week's back and they gave it in my favour and said i will receive my money.Got a letter last week with confirmation and had to fill in a form and send off,so hopefully this is the end now. Happy dude now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great news your getting somewhere:-) , im in the same situation except the company folded in feb 2012 and what worries me from your post is that i went to social and got on jobseekers , but i got no forms from liquidator to give to social??? is this suppose to happen ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It raises an interesting question though, that maybe someone can answer for the sake of other people in future: what paperwork should other people look for if any employer tells them that the company is in liquidation, so they're now redundant. How you know that the boss isn't lying?

Shouldn't the employer at least tell you who the liquidators are? I'd assume there would be the question of outstanding wages as well, and the liquidators should certainly deal with that.

You should also check the CRO website. I think for a further fee, you can also get the accounts (a shortened version).

There is a little more info on the Citizen's Information website. This sentence might be useful to the OP
    "Your employees may be entitled to bring a claim for unfair dismissal if they consider that they were unfairly selected for redundancy or consider that a genuine redundancy situation did not exist.". But it doesn't give much details about the paperwork the employee should be looking for...

Advertisement