Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Bill O'Reilly represent Republican principles?

• 16-09-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Bill O'Reilly and Lou Dobbs, put their highly intellectual minds together to come up with a plan to relieve the poor of anything they own. It seems that these apparently poor folks actually own things. How did this happen? Bill and Lou quite rightly expected that the poor in the US would at least be living in shanty towns with open sewers running past their front doors. And here they are, owning microwaves, washing machines, tv's and phones! It's a disgrace.

From The Heritage Foundation.
    82% of poor people have a microwave. (pointless if you don't even have food)
    64% have cable or satellite tv. (probably illegal cable)
    55% have a cell phone. (obviously stolen phones)

These are shocking statistics. Who knows how many have running water. I thought this was America! The Republicans need to do their best, to get more families out of their homes (Romney wants more foreclosures), and into tent cities.

"A lot of people who report lower wages are making a tonne of money, . . off the books, tips for waiters and waitresses."

And even though Bill is only worth million$, he still found it in his heart to give someone a whopping $20 for a job he did for Bill. And if the recipient of Bill's $20 bill is poor, then it's highly likely that he will just use it to score some crack/ weed/ heroin.

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Putting the ridiculous OP aside I think the main point raised here is that poor maybe not actually be poor and people have different interpretation of poor.

I dont have cable for example, I dont have a car, I dont own a house, I dont have air-con (it gets frigging hot in Sydney during the summer) yet would I classify myself as poor? No, not at all.

We have the same problem in Ireland.
    http://www.cpa.ie/povertyinireland/measuringpoverty.htm

Now I would not classify someone who could not afford a Sunday roast as poor and of course maybe that person who cannot afford the roast instead spent his money on beer, cigarettes or Sky TV. I kid you not that people would rather go without food then cut out the essential's like Sky Sports...!!

It is subjective more so in the west what poverty is.

Advertisement