Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 online linking to mortgage account

Options
  • 16-09-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭

I have a question on linking my mortgage account on 365 online.

I have a variable rate mortgage and I can add it to my 365 online account but I cannot make payments to it. Is there a plan to change this. It would be quite useful to be able make extra payments when the opportunity arises without having to get to the bank. I work abroad a lot so getting to the branch is not easy.

Is there a good reason why this function is not there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dirtyden,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Although it is possible to register a mortgage account to view online, it is not possible to register it as a payee. This is due to the terms and conditions of both 365 Online and some mortgage accounts.

Lodgements to your mortgage account can be requested in writing with your account holding branch or alternatively a cheque payment can be made. Please contact our Customer Relationship Unit on 01 611 33 33, to ensure any additional payments/lodgements would not incur any penalties to the mortgage account.

Thanks,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Hi dirtyden,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Although it is possible to register a mortgage account to view online, it is not possible to register it as a payee. This is due to the terms and conditions of both 365 Online and some mortgage accounts.

Lodgements to your mortgage account can be requested in writing with your account holding branch or alternatively a cheque payment can be made. Please contact our Customer Relationship Unit on 01 611 33 33, to ensure any additional payments/lodgements would not incur any penalties to the mortgage account.

Thanks,
    Tara

Thanks for the reply Tara,

That makes sense I suppose.

Advertisement