Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you feed your birds?

• 16-09-2012 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

There is a bird who comes to my backdoor everyday and I give it some breadcrumbs. What do you feed your bird?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Donner kebab... for me burds.

/Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Sunflower seeds, nijer seeds, ground up peanuts, huskfree advance bird mix from Haiths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bread. im old skool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Custard Creams. They also like bourbons and chocolate hobnobs. Crush them up for them.
    I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too it gives me a sense of enormous wellbeing.
    And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Cock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

She can have a few of my curry chips if she is really lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

She just has the same dinner as the rest of us....maybe a bit of pork at the weekends

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Bread is really bad for birds, it gives them fatty liver and their little digestive systems can't handle the additives.

Not that it's great for humans either but I won't open than can of worms. (pun!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

few ssusages and rashers then a taxi home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I feed the pigeons, I sometimes feed the sparrows too. It gives me a sense of enormous well being. And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Lead pellets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Insert generic joke about girlfriend here whilst thinking I'm totally hilarious and original.

Jokes on you...

I DON'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND!

Please kill me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Really wouldn't go feeding them, our cats kill enough as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wyndham wrote: »
    Custard Creams. They also like bourbons and chocolate hobnobs. Crush them up for them.
    I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too it gives me a sense of enormous wellbeing.
    And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it

It's got nothing to do with vorsprung durch technic you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sage and onion, it saves a lot of time later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Usually peanuts or whatever's in the bag of bird food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Ever more elaborate lies, due to my double life as a mild-mannered chemistry teacher and family man / meth cook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Small chunks of soft white fresh bread wrapped around thumb-tacks.

At the crack of dawn I awake and create 50 of theses beauties.

Go out to my 2nd floor balcony with my breakfast consisting of whiskey and woodbines.

It begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

All the Birds around here like Gin and big Cocks, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Bread is really bad for birds, it gives them fatty liver and their little digestive systems can't handle the additives.

Fook them. Freeloading, delicate cunts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I don't need to feed them anything, Robbie the Robin is always stealing from the dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Waldorf Salad.

Some posh birds round our way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

im old school ................. she feeds me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The back of my place is polluted with cats so I would only be luring the birds into certain death. I plan to move and set up challenges for crows to test their smarts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Small chunks of soft white fresh bread wrapped around thumb-tacks.

At the crack of dawn I awake and create 50 of theses beauties.

Go out to my 2nd floor balcony with my breakfast consisting of whiskey and woodbines.

It begins.

Way to go, Father Jack!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Bird feed, i even give them a bath out the back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Why feed them?

They should do their own damn foraging/hunting. :P In the winter? The smart birds fly to warmer climates, feeding birds in the winter would reward stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Rohypnol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

get one of those "seed balls" in a pet store, and hang it somewhere in your garden - they love eating the seeds from it - also, don't forget a little bowl of water for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm surprised that taxAHcruel hasn't posted in this thread yet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eurochamps

Beefburgers for Swans, it helps them float.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The souls of children.

I try to get orphan souls, seems to agree with them better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I feed the seagulls anything from my leftover dinner. I had a record 15 seagulls hovering outside last night waiting for a bite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I have a couple of bird feeders hanging from a tree in my back garden which I fill up with nuts and things.

A grey squirrel tries to get nuts from these feeders by climbing up the branches and hanging down batman style. It's gas to watch! :-D

• Advertisement

I'm surprised that taxAHcruel hasn't posted in this thread yet. :D

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Bread Soda. In large quantites. It makes them explode. Fun for all the family. Failing that try calcium dicarbide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Chicken and Duck Meat. The thoughts of forcing cannibalism on birds gives me a god complex.

Although they seem to be getting more aggressive as the weeks go by, I may have to terminate the experiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I feed them the loaf crusts, the crows and magpies always eat it on the smaller birds though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

It's got nothing to do with vorsprung durch technic you know

The" four sprung duck" technique is the best way to feed birds-

Line up four birds, one behind the other, beak to bum, feed the bird at the front, and ten minutes later the bird at the back gets fed too! :P

There's always one that tries to get more attention than the others by pulling a ferocious duckface though, I usually just land her with the "bill"! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We feed them a mixture of birdseed, leftover veg and overripe fruit, when our cats are asleep, otherwise we'd be ringing the dinner bell for the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Cock.

Advertisement