Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Victoria

Options
  • 16-09-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi there,
    Im new to the boards..stumbled acroess it twice in 24 houts from two different searches..i figured it was a bit of fate ;)

in 2007 me and my good friend registered for a work abrod program and headed to Ireland for the adventure of a life time.

Thanks to an amazing woman i now call mama, a friend i met on another irish messageboard.. I had a room in a house near her in letterkenny that i rented, an apointment with a bank, a job interview and a cell phone before i even left canada.

things didn't turn out quite how i imagined.. i was absolutly homesick.and wanted to go home, the only way my mom could convince me to stay was to forget working..travel untill i was broke and come home.

This..was the best decision ever.
    I met amazing people, saw the most amazing and beautiful places, and had the adventure of a lifetime.

it was amazing. I can't wait to go back to my 'second home' some day ;)

Advertisement