Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English teacher...

• 16-09-2012 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

(I'm in 5th year)
    Just wondering how much you guys think the teacher affects what grade you get in the LC. I have a mediocre teacher atm, he's not terrible but certainly not outstanding and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to achieve what I'm aiming for (A1/2) with him teaching me. We haven't been tested yet,so I can't really say how I'm doing compared to the rest of the class/year, but I'm just a little worried I might have to put in an extortionate amount of time to make up for his mild ineptitude.

Basically, how important is the teacher?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

The teacher is very important in the long run. A good teacher can do wonders for his/her students whereas a bad one can really ruin students' experience of his/her subject.

I think a degree of caution is needed in these areas though. Maybe the teacher is just different to what you are used to. What makes you think the teacher is poor?

Advertisement