Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Ya know"

• 16-09-2012 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭

I was watching the camogie on RTE this afternoon.
    The GAA studio commentators and the banisteoirs could not speak without sprinkling every sentence with "ya know".
    Is this just a GAA thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

I think the GAA thing is to start an answer with "now look it" or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

No it's not. It's everywhere you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Sonia O'Sullivan is desperate for it aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Not a GAA thing. I can barely finish a sentenced without it. I don't even notice I'm doing it, and I've never watched GAA match in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Sonia O'Sullivan is desperate for it aswell!

She'll be waiting with a face like hers. Ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I wish I was a camogie banisteoir.
    I would pull the ****ing cock off myself every single night after they've finished having their showers.
    I wouldn't have a wife or girlfriend to welcome me home after training, just tissues and the greatest **** bank on the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I prefer "Well ya know", just before I start spouting some long-winded explanation of how I managed to get myself into and out of a predicament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Well, ya know what, I cannot stand people that nit pick little sayings. Sure, don't we have all sorts of little ones, in fairness. I don't know, isn't it just how we speak at the end of the day.

I these sort of things tend to catch on within a certain group. Certainly not limited to GAA commentators anyway...

I always remember Dara Ó Briain and his saying "eh" at the end of everything. He managed to stamp it out for the most part, so I reckon it's normally a habit that's been picked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dodd wrote: »
    I think the GAA thing is to start an answer with "now look it" or something like that.

"lookit" is deffo bog man talk all right.

• Advertisement

Up Wexford! Ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Soccer players are terrible for it too you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

I think it's a bog-people thing, y'know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Did anyone hear Aiden O Brien at the weekend? Painful stuff.

Ya know, listen. Eh, listen, yah. Ye know, listen here now.

Besunglassed tiny incomprehensible twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Well, I suppose ya know like it would be popular among lots of people ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

donvito99 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear Aiden O Brien at the weekend? Painful stuff.

Ya know, listen. Eh, listen, yah. Ye know, listen here now.

Besunglassed tiny incomprehensible twat.

One of the most successful trainers of all time. But yes, feel free to judge him for an interview you saw over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Similarly, footballers always seem to begin their answer with "At the end of the day..." when being interviewed after a match.

Ya know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

It's unfair to pick on the "you know" camp - what about the others who utter the start of an interview with "Well,......"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Welll you know yourself like, ...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Dont forget about certain players having no right to be in certain positions. He has no right to win that ball?

YA KNOW??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Oh people saying like at the end of every sentence.
    A few years ago I was on a bus eireann bus back home and was listening to this fella and girl talking. Yer man kept saying like at the end of every sentence. Talking about other lads and the way they go on like. Gobsh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

RADIUS wrote: »
    Similarly, footballers always seem to begin their answer with "At the end of the day..." when being interviewed after a match.

Ya know?

I'm sick as a parrot hearing you talk like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

kincsem wrote: »
    I was watching the camogie on RTE this afternoon.
    The GAA studio commentators and the banisteoirs could not speak without sprinkling every sentence with "ya know".
    Is this just a GAA thing?

Guess the part I hate? Ya know the part, when they are speaking...

Advertisement