Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How appeals process works?

• 16-09-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has ever appealed a Leaving Cert. result before, and if so, did you receive any communication from SEC acknowledging receipt of your appeal or anything like that? Also, what date did you receive your appeal result on? AND how exactly did they communicate the new result to you? Did they write, ring, email or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Does anyone know when we get them back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Mid october.. I'd guess they send a letter that looks very like the LC results sheet but only with the subjects you appealed on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has ever appealed a Leaving Cert. result before, and if so, did you receive any communication from SEC acknowledging receipt of your appeal or anything like that? Also, what date did you receive your appeal result on? AND how exactly did they communicate the new result to you? Did they write, ring, email or what?

For mine they sent the forms and the cheque back to my school who then rang me and told me I'd been upgraded. The SEC didn't contact me at all (as far as I remember), it was all done through the school. I think it was around the 2nd week of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JamesDundalk

Interesting. What subject did you get upgraded in. And to what grade? I've heard some people say you get it back at the end of September, but that's probably incorrect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Interesting. What subject did you get upgraded in. And to what grade? I've heard some people say you get it back at the end of September, but that's probably incorrect?

It was accountancy, from an A2 to an A1. The corrector skipped 2 pages of the booklet so I knew it should have been upgraded!

I'd say they're processed by the end of September at which time they'd update results and check if people need to be offered new courses, inform the colleges for entrance scholarships, etc. People being offered courses would probably be told then, for the rest it might be another while by the time they get posted out and the school rings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

Some good responses

Advertisement