Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those interested in Taoism

Options
  • 16-09-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

The concept of "Tao" has been hypothesised and pondered upon for millennia, and there are innumberable understandings of it highlighted by various exponents, leading to the formation of many schools and lineages. This has led to a long and colourful history within this philosophical/spiritual tradition, and the discovery of an array of spiritual treasures lying within the grasp of those who are so inclined.
    Despite this, taoism remains largely unknown to people at large (especially here in Ireland).

Has anyone here ever had the opportunity of personal, real-life exposure to the philosophical teachings of Taoism? There does not seem to be anything at all in this regard in Ireland, despite having a Chinese population that numbers in the tens if not the hundreds of thousands.

Online people may have encountered a bit more in this regard- as i have. On a personal note, i can recommend the free online correspondence course offered by www.studytaoism.com as an ABSOLUTELY EXCELLENT way to make an acquantance with this topic. The lessons are succinct but scholarly, and the tutor/helper (dunno what the title is as i never asked) was always available and really helpful.

If there is anyone else here that has intentionally studied Taoism, where and how did you embark upon the task?

Peace and Joy
    TCJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Circular Journey

To all boards members

i have received pms in regard the studytaoism.com course, and i have been informed by the course co-ordinator that a couple of people have signed up for the course.

As a result, i have been asked to officially invite all those in Ireland that may have an interest in this subject to sign up for the introductory course on Taoism. If we garner enough interest then the HeadTeacher has indicated that he would be available to give a seminar in Ireland in the future.

For further details please see http://picturepush.com/public/9782205

Those boards users who have signed up- it would be great if you could leave your feedback on the course in this thread so that others can have a read.

Warm Regards
    TCJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

This is a very easy to follow introduction to taoism theory and practice. The concepts should be easy to follow to those unfamiliar with taoism and will provide some extra context to those only familiar with the primary taoist texts (Tao Teh Ching, I Ching, Chunag Tzu etc...).

Advertisement