Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfairly banned (my belief)

Options
  • 16-09-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I believe I have been unfairly banned,
    Frada banned me for making a comment, I explained my comment, and he/she replies "I don't believe you". Frada says my comment was aimed at another user, but I tried to explain it was not aimed at the user, but at the content of the users post, also Frada then went on to say it was none of his/her concern. Frada then refered me to contact CMods who in turn channeled me here, the correct means of appeal.
    Here is a copy of PMs to Frada

Frada: Dear toc2012,

You have been banned from Cool Vids & Pics & Links for one week for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Frada

Moderator Note

Please refrain from referring to other users as twats from now on.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toc2012
    ^^^^^^^
    TWAT
    daft punk have been around alot longer then dead mouse

ME: I was referring to skrillix as a twat not another user

F: I don't believe you.

ME: What reason have you not to believe me? I have never been abusive on boards before! Why would I start now?

F: Dunno . It is no concern of mine why you decided all of a sudden to call someone a twat. ( Notice Frada did NOT back up his "belief" )

ME: if its no concern of yours why would you feel compelled to ban me and for a whole week for a "first offence"

F: It becomes a concern of mine when you carry out the offence. The motivation for the offence is of no concern on mine. If you want to take this further here's a list of cmods you can appeal to:

dr.bollocko, kbannon, Micky Dolenz, randylonghorn

ME: So your grammer and wording is incorrect also your belief is what you as an impartial moderator is how you conduct yourself?

F: I am done here. You called someone a twat, you get banned for a week. End of story. If you want to pursue a complaint about this ban or my incorrect grammar and wording, here's a list of Cmods you can appeal to:

dr.bollocko, kbannon, Micky Dolenz, randylonghorn

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello.

I will check into this for you.

Please give me a little time to go through the incident in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

OK Thank You

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

toc2012 wrote: »
    OK Thank You

Hello.

The interpretation of your post clearly suggests you're calling another poster a twat.

I agree with the ban on this basis.

Please be more careful in how you word statements in future.

Advertisement