Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Stall

Options
  • 16-09-2012 11:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hello,
    My name is Damien and i am looking for some tips for the National Ploughing Championships in a week. I have all my signs done and can be seen on my facebook page, Need some help on stuff to do at the stall signs etc, I want to run a prize not sure how and what to do any help will be great

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As was pointed out to you before your website needs work. Your signs on the facebook page look good but then when people go to the site it looks cheap and broken which doesnt give off a good impression, for example the categories are at the bottom of the website and you still have the background that was suggested be removed from the site previously. You should look at getting that addressed before the Championships.

As for running a competition you could do one of those guess 'how many in the jar' type ones for people that come over to the stall.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

+1 I think you need to do some more work on your website.

Have you got good quality leaflets printed up?
    Have you asked if you could put up a few signs around the grounds advertising your website?
    Will you have a couple of computers set up to show people your website and how it works?

On the day of set up have you thought about when all the stalls are set up of going around and giving the stall holders your details so they can advertise there stuff for sale or else gather up there details and you enter it yourself.

I have done the sweets in a jar competition before and found it very good or in your case get a teddy / soft toy of an animal and get people to guess the name of it.

Another competition you could do is buy a voucher for somewhere and get people to register on your site or like your facebook page and when its over select one person to be a winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Axwell wrote: »
    As for running a competition you could do one of those guess 'how many in the jar' type ones for people that come over to the stall.

Fun idea - but make sure its relevant and a bit of humor.

So off to sweet shop for 20 bags of "Bulls Eyes"

On the signage you have angry looking bull looking a a jar full of real eyes - but obviously the jar contains sweets.

Prize will have to be something a farmer would like to have, but again humourous so that the cost of prize is not too much, but it makes people smile. - Possibly a quick visit to Budget Greetings in Parkwest (bring trade invoice with you), they have a range of table mats, mugs, teapots, laptrays all with cows printed on them. Get a full range of these an create a hamper of Cow stuff. - Probable cost €70 - retail value €120

If you wish, I could get it for you as I'll be there on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

Have either a competition, a gimmick or a give away?

I was at the Ploughing Championships last year and from what I saw what was working well to get traffic to stalls was ideas like the above. One mobile company last year had a welly washer down the back of the stall which was a bit of fun and was getting people in.

Another place was handing out free reflective vests (sponsored by the RSA I think) and they had a queue of people looking for them.

Other stalls had a competition running which was getting attention.

You could even have a competition such as 'Most Original Pair Of Wellies' for example which would be fun and could be run on the day as well as linked to social media such as Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

at the ploughing you will have at least 100,000 people in your target market there. A site likes yours is chicken and egg. So how to capatilise on the ploughing is the question.

My sugestions;
    First. I would get someone to collect up the leaflets or business cards of every other stand there. You can then go through them later and add them to a data base worth having, and for free.

I find that unless you have a brand with some foothold already giving away free key rings or pens ect is costly. Every kid in the place will take it and clean you out. 95% of the adults will too and never look at your website.

Second. To get people to in to your stand, run any of the competions above. Maybe fill a welly with garden peas or something. All you need from them is their mobil number to enter. their names or address are not important as it slows the thing down having to fill in forms. All you want is a data base of numbers to use later. Post the answer and winner on you site and text them to check it out. give a hamper of irish farm related food products as the prize maybe.

third. design a leaflet to give out with FREE in big letters on it. What you will be giving away free is a code they can use on your site that will allow them to place an add for free on your best package. You only need the same code on all the leaflets so printing is straight fordward.
    Hopefully you will gain plenty of extra adds + others that will be courious enough to visit the site and see the extra adds.

Forth. Go to your data base from point one and tell them how many new visitors you are getting and see if they will add items or advertise on the site.

Oh and take the advice from others here and get a good web designer to look at the lay out of the site.

• Advertisement

Just one other point to add, make sure you have enough people at your stall during busy periods. I walk away from stands that have only 1 or 2 people manning them and a crowd around. If you have a couple of people that are fully up to date and know everything about the business they can get through a crowd in no time and do demonstrations so people know exactly how to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

www.FarmersJournalToplink.ie. the journal are revamping their online small adds site. got this link from them today.

Good luck at the ploughing, dont forget the wellies.

Best of luck at the ploughing championship let us know how you get on.

Advertisement