Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a tablet rj45

• 17-09-2012 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a tablet that can connect to a LAN/rj45.

I started a new job that intails testing a lot of network ports. I have been given a company laptop but it is huge and carrying it around is a pain. I test so many lans each day that a tablet would be perfect.

I just need something that I could confirm connects to LAN, that I get an ip address and confirm Internet access, then move on and test next one and next one, etc, etc.

I have seen mst android tablets have LAN ports on them. Basically I work for a company that installs, servers and switches in large hotels and complexes. So I would test alot of network ports.

I'm not looking to break the bank,just something to do the job. Most frustrating thing is I have an iPad 3 and it's no good to me in this instance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

Google search for "tablet with rj45" gives me 6.4 million results.

Advertisement