Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PP Change of Use

Options
  • 17-09-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there,

I am looking for information generally about change of use planning applications from office to residential.

What fees would be involved? The building has a fire cert and an architect has recently certified compliance with original PP i.e. there is an architect's report available on the property.

There is no other residential building on the same side of the road, but across the road is the back of an apartment complex and there is a lot of residential property in the immediate vicinity. I know I would need to look up the zoning of the street, but does anyone have any insight into how strict (or not strict) change of use PP applications are viewed?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,005 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This has more to do with the change of use than the costs so I'll move it to C & P.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Approach a local arch they can advise. Or approach the local authority ( but easy does it as your technically speculating, as your not the owner)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 profplanner

You can also seek advice from a private sector planner - they will be able to assess the zoning and any other policies or objectives which need to be considered. Its these policies and objectives which could be the sticky / strict aspect to a cou application i.e. residential use may be specifically excluded from ground floor units, private open space will be required (semi public also if more than one residential unit is being sought), minimum room dimensions and specifications are regulated etc.

You can also approach the Local Authority planners as a potential purchaser but do your homework before you go in. If you are engaging professional advice, or if your not au fait with the process, bring them with you to discuss the matter with the Authority.

The actual planning application fee would be €65 per residential unit.

Development contributions will also apply where a grant of permission is received but there may be provision for the contributions already paid on the office units - all depends on the relevant local authority and their Scheme.

Advertisement