Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 3gs stuck on apple logo

• 17-09-2012 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

my brother has the iphone 3gs he bought it unlocked to all networks and jailbroken. he was going to sell it after buying a new phone but when he went to erase all his date the phone turned off and now all he has is the apple logo and wont charge.

After searching the net for solutions i have tried hold power and home button nothing happens.i have toggled the little switch over volume buttons and tried to turn on n off.i plugged it in to the wall the plugged into comp while holding home still nothing has anyone any advise. it plugged in here now and all it does is stays on apple logo then goes back to charge icon which very low n red. it doesnt seem to be charging at all.

has anyone any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

sounds like the software just needs to be restored, plug it into itunes and see if it recognises it as a phone in restore mode, if not google dfu restore and that should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

i ve tried this i cant get itunes to recognise it...it shows up now and again on the computer as Q but if i click it says access denied but will not appear in itunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's not even charging it could be a problem with the cable or USB port.
    Try another cable and/or port on the PC?

i know its not the usb ports as its only new laptop and other devices work no prob....the cable was working fine until this happened. even plugged into the wall it doesnt charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Try another cable so. They can be got in the 2euro shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try existing cable with other iphone, if you have one. Does it work?

ok ill get another cable and try for him later will post agin if still stuck if not cheers for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

shivkk06 wrote: »
    my brother has the iphone 3gs he bought it unlocked to all networks and jailbroken. he was going to sell it after buying a new phone but when he went to erase all his date the phone turned off and now all he has is the apple logo and wont charge.

After searching the net for solutions i have tried hold power and home button nothing happens.i have toggled the little switch over volume buttons and tried to turn on n off.i plugged it in to the wall the plugged into comp while holding home still nothing has anyone any advise. it plugged in here now and all it does is stays on apple logo then goes back to charge icon which very low n red. it doesnt seem to be charging at all.

has anyone any ideas

Jail breaking results in this kind of thing regularly - it's a mug's game. How long did you hold the power and home button in ? make sure it is 5 seconds or more.

got new cable tried in the wall and the usb ports still no change. have held button in for 5 secs and until screen flashes blank

got restore to run evetually....thanks for yer help....but now it wont recognise a sim card any ideas

• Advertisement

It was more than likely unlocked using ultrasn0w so restoring would lock it again.

Redsn0w cab downgrade the base and so you can unlock but I'm not sure if it only works to downgrade from the iPad 06.15.00 baseband. Just to be sure use redsn0w to install the iPad bb and when it's finished look for downgrade bb. I think it is in extras.

When all that is done and cydia is installed look for ultrasn0w in cydia. If you can't find it tap manage then sources and then edit. Tap + and type repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap add. Install ultrasn0w and the sim will work then

guil wrote: »
    It was more than likely unlocked using ultrasn0w so restoring would lock it again.

Redsn0w cab downgrade the base and so you can unlock but I'm not sure if it only works to downgrade from the iPad 06.15.00 baseband. Just to be sure use redsn0w to install the iPad bb and when it's finished look for downgrade bb. I think it is in extras.

When all that is done and cydia is installed look for ultrasn0w in cydia. If you can't find it tap manage then sources and then edit. Tap + and type repo666.ultrasn0w.com and tap add. Install ultrasn0w and the sim will work then

hi can you explain this in bit more simple nterms im not used to apple or jailbreaking etc at all. I ve been on redsn0w and tbh i havent a clue what to look if you could send me the link i would appreciate it

i eventually got phone jailbroken and ran the ultrasn0w unlock but the phone will not recognise any sim card anyone got any ideas on this

i eventually got phone jailbroken and ran the ultrasn0w unlock but the phone will not recognise any sim card anyone got any ideas on this
    sorry I missed your last post but what baseband is on the phone now? check modem firmware in settings>general>about

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Where are you based?

If you are in Dublin maybe give Massy086 a shout. He fixed a similar issue for me on a 3GS for €30 in a couple of hours.

guil wrote: »
    sorry I missed your last post but what baseband is on the phone now? check modem firmware in settings>general>about

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Where are you based?

If you are in Dublin maybe give Massy086 a shout. He fixed a similar issue for me on a 3GS for €30 in a couple of hours.

Cheers am down the country think ill just take it somewhere for him now....just cant seem to sort it

Anywhere around Kildare and ill look at it for you

Advertisement