Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auckland Advice?:)

• 17-09-2012 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey guys i had orginally planed on going to christchurch but changed my mind last min.looking for sum info on which hostel would be best to stay at?:) and also best way to find work?iam an electrician.guys also weather likin november?:) thanks fnr all your help in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mcginr

best place to find work is trademe.co.nz, best place to find a hostel is hostelworld or tripadvisor, there's plenty of hostels in the city centre, november weather (spring) is better than a good irish summer, and it gets better from then on until around april (autumn)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Another good place for work is backpackerboard.co.nz As for the hostel, Base or Nomads, you'll meet the most people in those two.. (book on hostelworld as its cheaper than with the hostels).

You can get a place of your own for a similar price as a hostel dorm for the week if your patient (about $140), trademe.co.nz -> 'flatmates wanted'. But i definitely recommend a bit of the hostel life over here first. Base let you do 'Work for Accommodation' as well, both in the bar and around the hostel.. i believe nomads have a similar scheme.. A lot of my friends went that route when they came over while they were waiting for an income..

If you want to play GAA over here pop into Munster Bar on a Sunday evening.. (or the Clare Inn, but Munster is more central). Also a great way of finding work and meeting people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Also check out Seek.co.nz. Good site for finding jobs. Bit more professional than Trademe. Also, some odd job on auckland.gumtree.co.nz

I echo staying in the hostel a wee while. Great way to meet people and also get the lay of the land. People are very quick to share their experiences and happy to chat about what they have been doing since they got there (And everything else they did before they got there)

Advertisement