Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L1b & Family

Options
  • 17-09-2012 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I have my interview for my L1-B coming up and I was wondering do my family come with me? I noted them down on the form DS-160 as travelling with me but I wonder do I need to pay the MRV for them and do I need to get the photos. Thanks!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Did you apply for visas for them too? They can come (spouse and minor kids), but yes, you need to pay visa fee, apply, and they will have a (short) interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 EScifo

Well, I put them down on the DS-160 as travelling with me but other than that I haven't done anything.

Is that an application? or will they come over on the visa waiver?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Your spouse will need one, as will the kids - however at the end of the application you can create a "group application" which will auto fill a lot of the information for you

They won't come over on the waiver, esp if you wife wants to work and stay for the same amount of time as you - she'll need to attend the interview as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

EScifo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have my interview for my L1-B coming up and I was wondering do my family come with me? I noted them down on the form DS-160 as travelling with me but I wonder do I need to pay the MRV for them and do I need to get the photos. Thanks!
    :D

For the embassy interview you'll need to bring your wife but not the kids.
    Did you upload the photo's digitally?
    If so, get some US sized passport photos done and bring them with you.
    I know a few people (me included) that although the upload said everything was fine with the pictures, on the day of the interview they said they weren't good enough and wanted hard copies. (Luckily we had them.)

Advertisement