Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewind at the Button Factory

Options
  • 17-09-2012 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Was anyone else at Firewind in the Button Factory on Saturday?

Have to say they were absolutely brilliant. I saw them 3 years ago in Whelans and they were even better this time.

Wasnt into Leaves Eyes at all but im not into that kind of folky metal anyway.

Another thing I noticed is that they dont seem to try to rip off their fans either...

I bought a hoodie from the Merchandise stand for €20 which I thought was very reasonable. They are usually €30 at gigs+

I also bought a single of "Wall of Sound" which was signed by all band members for €5!! I couldnt believe it.

They also gave away a Gus G LTD edition guitar in a raffle which I was quite pissed off I didnt win :D

Thats how you look after your fans...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, was a decent gig alright. It wasn't as packed as it was the last time they played the Button Factory 3 years ago with Stratovarius. All round good gig. Yeah I know the guy that won the Gus G guitar. Nice win. :D Liv was meeting fans at the merch stall at the end of the gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

thought both bands were excellent, wasn't expecting to like Leaves' Eyes especially after previous reports from mates, but have been told they were much better Sat than previous occasions - nice to meet them after, they spent loads of time talking to people, signing stuff and getting photos....which is always cool....

Firewind were great, and loved when they brought Liv back out for Breaking The Silence. I thought the guitar giveaway was pretty cool too, and nice for it to go to someone that actually plays (apparently the first time on the tour that's happened :) ) anyway they are definitely a band containing more than just Gus - didn't they just play down here when last time when on their own ? so that might explain the smaller crowd, was more than 100 in Belfast from what I hear, and 170 in Dublin.....

Advertisement